Thread: Recommendations for 73.5 fuel distributor rebuild?

Recommendations for 73.5 fuel distributor rebuild?

Folks,
    I need to have the fuel distributor on m 73.5T rebuilt. One port is flowing about 15% less than the others, so it needs to have the ports flow matched. I'd be interested to hear others experiences and recommendations for a shop that will do a correct rebuild (and maybe even improve the cosmetics a bit ).
    Thanks
    --Richard
    Early 911S Registry #2337

Bump....anyone?
    --Richard

You can try contacting RarlyL8 http://forums.pelicanparts.com/members/1862.html on Pelican Forum. http://www.rarelyl8.com/cis.html
    I have also heard good things about http://www.cisflowtech.com/
    E Sully
    1973.5 911T

Thanks Ed. I've already contacted Brian at RarlyL8, who seems to come up often on Pelican. Do you have any direct experience? Also, thanks for the pointer to CIS Flow Tech.
    --Richard

I have no experience, but have read on Pelican that customers were happy with either one. I have been lucky and was able to take apart, clean, and replace the o-rings in a back up 004 fuel distributor I purchased cheap. The price was low, rust was superficial, and I was happy it worked well without leaking when I finished.
    Name:  DSC00428.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  122.3 KB
    Name:  DSC00430.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  129.6 KB
    Name:  FuelDist.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  148.6 KB
    E Sully
    1973.5 911T

No pinholes in the stainless plate,,,,you are a lucky man!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

We have a local customer who was also very happy with the work done by the Alabama connection.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I highly recommend CIS Flow Tech, 19225 County Road 13, Fairhope, AL 36532, (251) 929-3771. Larry rebuilt the fuel distributor for my 1973 CIS 911T. I sent it (insured) on December 11th, 2013 and got it back in California about two weeks later. He was polite on the phone and even wrote "Thank you for your business" on my receipt.

Warner Hall, Early 911S Registry Member #1668

Thanks for the info. Sounds like either RarelyL8 or CIS Flow Tech would do a good job. Just for the record, I've decided to go with RarelyL8.

After reading all the threads I could find on rebuilding these, I had attempted to redo my spare. It was in good shape internally, so I cleaned everything thoroughly, replaced the rubber O-rings, and reassembled using Permatex High Tack Gasket Sealant slightly thinned as recommended. Just could not get the halves to seal properly, even after three tries. So I sent it to someone else for reassembly. It's leak free, but the ports flow at different rates (probably my fault, as I may have mixed up the spring shims). At any rate, I'm having this one done by someone who can do a complete and thorough job.
    --Richard

I'm sure you will be satisfied with RarlyL8. It's not easy with the first generation, shims under the sprngs and sometimes the metal plate develops small dents. Later ones could be ballanced externaly. I was fortunate the plate on the backup I bought had no real issues.
    E Sully
    1973.5 911T