Thread: FS: @fahr-werk.ch - 66 911

FS: @fahr-werk.ch - 66 911

Really nice looking 66 over in Switzerland. Not sure what CFH 245,000 converts to in dollars.

http://fahr-werk.ch/portfolio/1966-porsche-911/

$258308.03 us

ONE BILLION US!!!

Just kidding, that's my website and one of my cars.

Thanks for the nice words srogebry. I know its not cheap but this is one of the best and most original 1966 911's on earth. It's an absolutely fantastic early 911, one of my favorites and as good as it gets: Original paint (car has been stored for many years), original interior (except the front seats, I have the original ones but the leather has become slightly hard/brittle and I've decided not to risk any tears), absolutely untouched body with no rust at all and perfect gaps. I drive the car whenever the weather in Switzerland allows it. Alois Ruf has seen the car when we visited his factory with our "Urelfer" club, he was very impressed. I love this car because of its authenticity, ist wonderful patina and ist presence. Also, every time I drive it I have a big smile on my face. And when I get out of the car at home and I turn around in the garage and look at it I think "wow, it's neither fast nor spectacular like e.g a 512 BB, but it has something that is very special" :-) I almost fear the moment when somebody will walk into the "Fahr-Werk" (my pride and joy) and wants to buy it. I sell about 5-6 cars per year because I love car hunting and want to try other cars too but I know this one will be very very hard to replace.
    Mike, member #841

I owned this car for a couple of years, 2009-2011. Wish I still did. Originally a California car. I bought it from the grown children of an attorney who bought it (when new, or nearly new) in San Francisco and retired many years later in the San Juan Islands of Washington State. I'd be happy to add to the seller's comments if anyone is interested.

Thank you very much swcarroll. It's great to find another piece of the history of the car. I've had the engine rebuilt by one of the best mechanics in Switzerland since it was sweating a bit of oil a bit after all these years but mechanically it was absolutely fine. And the whole underside of the car has been ice-blasted (wanted to preserve the original undercoat but it was flaking due to its age) and then treated with a thin layer of a black undercoat.

I've just spent to whole day at the very nice car and motorcycle exhibition in Padua, Italy but didn't see another '66 as nice and unrestored as this one. Many very nice 911's, Ferrari, Maserati and 300 SL's, most of them restored and some of them great looking. But I like patina a lot, unfortunately very few untouched cars for sale here in Padua...
    Mike, member #841

Please, when visiting such shows, take a notebook and record VIN, paint code, interior and other serial #'s (build #'s too when found). Then we have a record of what still exists, and we can try and trace history of ownership in the future.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Mike, you have a PM