Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: GT3 - All Variants

Nice find in a great color. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh soon.
    65 356SC Dolphin Gray
    66 912 Green
    69 911E Tangerine
    72 911T GP White
    72 911T Aubergine
    72 911T Lilac
    72 911S Black (voodoo)
    86 911 GP White Targa (now sons)
    90 964C4 Black Targa
    94 964C2 Black Coupe
    08 GT3 Speed Yellow

That 991 in green is sweet.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Quote Originally Posted by dave29 View Post
    Congratulations. I've been looking to order one but cannot find any slots open. Any suggestions Brian??
    Thanks
    Hi Jim,

I wish I did. The whole allocation process has and continues to be crazy. Are you on multiple waiting lists? If you are not real far down on those lists I think you will have a decent chance to order a car later this year.

The freeze on the bucket seats until August has actually opened up opportunities for guys who don't want to wait or don't want those seats. That has moved up guys pretty far down on dealer's lists. It does seem to be pretty random though.

I was first in line at a very small dealership in Northern Indiana. As this has unfolded I was convinced they wouldn't receive an allocation because they sold very few Boxsters and Caymans. The first round of allocations went to those dealers who had sold quite a few of those cars. But PCNA also has pool allocations they can give out now. I got my allocation because of an April sales contest. My local dealer had to sell 9 Porsches that month to 'earn' an allocation. They were able to pull it off and I got the call early in May. I think there is a good chance this will happen again as all the allocations are not out yet. Finger crossed for you.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Thanks much Brian!!!!!
    Early 911S Registry member#775

GT3 looks menacing in Signal Green....Rally 911 behind it looks very purpose built as well!
    Marvin Waters
    25 Yr PCA Member
    10 Yr Early S Registry Member

GT3 Mk1

My Zanzibar Mk1 in good company back in 2002 - with the exception of one Silver unit, possibly all of the RHD GT3 Mk1's delivered to Singapore?

Martin

Lunch, Porsche's and beers last weekend. 3 generations of great 911's
    997.1 GT3, dave29 and his very nice 73 RS clone, and Dano with his guards red 964 C4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

Hi Martin,
    I think we ended up with the silver gt3 you are talking about here in wellington NZ, it was brought by a customer of ours off the Ferrari dealership in Singapore. It was fitted with a roll cage etc here to enter the Targa rally NZ.
    It was supposedly owned by the porsche club head in Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by mrg3.6 View Post
    My Zanzibar Mk1 in good company back in 2002 - with the exception of one Silver unit, possibly all of the RHD GT3 Mk1's delivered to Singapore?

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben L View Post
    Hi Martin,
    I think we ended up with the silver gt3 you are talking about here in wellington NZ, it was brought by a customer of ours off the Ferrari dealership in Singapore. It was fitted with a roll cage etc here to enter the Targa rally NZ.
    It was supposedly owned by the porsche club head in Singapore?
    Hi Reuben,

Any photographs of the SG silver car would be most welcome.

Thx
    Martin

GT3 RS Road Challenge - Future World rally car (1 of 10)

Ok since this is a thread about all GT3's I think I'm allowed to share my new Porsche. I was looking for some hardcore GT3 and found this: one of 10 Future World 996 GT3 RS's, factory rally-Porsches, officially introduced as GT3 Road Challenge, built in 2004 by initiative of Hartmut Kristen from Porsche Motorsport. The first one was built for Walter Röhrl, the rest were used for rallies - in the beginning in Belgium, later all over Europe.
    It is in fact the follow-up of the SC-RS rallycar, built in the eighties. The cars are in the book Das Grosse Buch der Porsche Typen from Jürgen Barth. It was owned by German rally-driver Kahle and then by Olaf Dobberkau, both very good rally-drivers with lots of fans. This car (number 003) is all matching numbers and did not suffer any major damage (at least up till now). I have to admit it is a bit intimidating to drive. Good thing: I get to drive it on public roads legally ;-) It will be Motorsport white again, but first I will try to get used to it a little bit so I can drive it without sh*%ting my pants...

This is what it sounds like coming out of the woods (don't be shy with the volume button if you like goosebumps)

http://www.vierenzestig.nl/19018/dit...jaren-tachtig/

And this is what it looks like today. The big gap is caused by the non original carbon-fibre doors. It came with a truck load of wheels and tires in different compounds.

IMG_5210.jpg
    Last edited by kouwenhoven; 06-14-2015 at 11:51 AM.