Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2015 Hill Country Rallye

mad scientist
    I started a new thread in the Drives and Adventures section. Its sure to be an Adventure!

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...554#post798554
    1971 911T SWT - Sun and Fun Machine
    1972 911T - "Minne" painted and undergoing assembly.

I posted this on the other thread, but I may as well post this here too:

Looking very forward to this event! I've been planning partake in this event since the mid-2000s, but my car was under a prolonged restoration until now. I heard though that this year there will be "self guided" tours. Basically meaning that there's no specific route, just do your own route and meet up in the evening with everyone for dinner. I was really looking forward to cruising with a whole family of early 911s as this is half the experience in itself; otherwise I may as well go on any weekend on my own. So my question is, will there be a map that people can use to see some of the most scenic routes? I'm not too familiar with this area, but I'm sure the locals and organizers would know some fantastic driving routes?

Per the update email Morrie and other organizers sent earlier this week with more details on routes and leaders. Route maps have been distributed in the past, I assume the same this year.

"We have several pre-planned Driving Tour Routes. The Driving Tours are "self-guided" and will be on public roads. However, just like past years there are a few Tour Leaders (Volunteers Requested) that will help organize and keep you headed in the right direction. Please group up with your friends and go enjoy a drive. Route Packets will be available at Registration. Each Route will cover a different direction and distance. Please enjoy the routes Responsibly and at a pace that is within your driving abilities."

Quote Originally Posted by erick72pors View Post
    I posted this on the other thread, but I may as well post this here too:

Looking very forward to this event! I've been planning partake in this event since the mid-2000s, but my car was under a prolonged restoration until now. I heard though that this year there will be "self guided" tours. Basically meaning that there's no specific route, just do your own route and meet up in the evening with everyone for dinner. I was really looking forward to cruising with a whole family of early 911s as this is half the experience in itself; otherwise I may as well go on any weekend on my own. So my question is, will there be a map that people can use to see some of the most scenic routes? I'm not too familiar with this area, but I'm sure the locals and organizers would know some fantastic driving routes?
    -Mike
    EarlyS #1320
    '71 T/RS LWT 3.2L

Incredible event this weekend, I had a blast! Weather was perfect, cars were awesome and of course the people are the best. Just uploaded some pics on the Paragon Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7858972&type=1
    Jason Burkett
    Paragon Products
    www.paragon-products.com
    Early 911S Registry #428
    R Gruppe #375
    1973 911S
    1972 911T
    1974 914 Limited Ed. Blk/Yellow
    1989 944 Turbo
    1993 968 Turbo RS
    1967 Shelby GT500
    1968 Shelby GT500 Conv.
    2010 VW GTI, Daily Driver

member #1515
    Great event!! Thanks to all the fantastic volunteer organizers who help put on a weekend that gets better every year.
    Sean, Johns, Jamie, Morrie et all.
    Thanks to the sponsors too for support and some great prizes.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Cool Texas Hill Country Rallye 2015 Gallery

Wow, what an incredible weekend... the cars, the people and the drives were spectacular!

Thanks for the hospitality chaps and a huge THANK YOU to the organizers, they hit it out of the park.

I've uploaded my pictures from the weekend to my Flickr for viewing and downloading.

If you have any pictures to add to the gallery please email me (michael@p911r.com).

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk945yZ8

Thanks to all!

Michael

Texas Hill Country Rallye 2015 Classic Aircooled Porsche
    by @p911r on Instagram, on Flickr
    Member No. 2861
    @p911r on Instagram