Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS:@aase - 70S

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

VIN = 9110301510
    Eng# = 6302111 --- 6391577 fitted
    Trans# = ?

'. . . 1970 Porsche 911S one of the most sought after cars on the market today. These cars are appreciating in value by thousands of dollars per year. Hagerty Insurance Valuation says a number one car is $206,000. Recent auction numbers are even higher. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to own an Early 911S. Original European delivery car VIN# 9110301510 engine number 6391577 200HP. The car was carefully color matched and repainted in it’s beautiful original color code 84 Metallic Blue, the interior is Code 13 black leatherette which is verified by the included Certificate Of Authenticity (COA). This rare 911S sunroof coupe is concours d'elegance ready with no bolt being untouched. Almost all of the parts were refinished or replaced to make this car a show winner. A complete new interior was installed including seats, panels, and carpet, steering wheel by Auto’s International. The four of the five refinished Deep Six Fuchs wheels are dated 1/1970 the spare is dated 5/1970. There are 5 new Dunlop tires mounted and balanced on the car. All five instruments have been rebuilt by North Hollywood Speedometer. All new or NOS seals, gaskets, trim, hoses, tubes and many small parts have been installed. New Porsche factory turn signal lenses front and rear, new clutch, new CV joints and axles. New Muffler and heat exchangers were installed. Thousand of dollars in receipts are included with the records. Includes an original owners manual NOS binder cover, maintenance record binder cover. COA, tool kit and jack . . .'

(Not mine)

Interesting CoA + and another Euro car, too. Looks like some of the more-interesting bits 've gone missing --- rear wiper, muffler skirt, wheel (arch?) trim . . . and no mention of any alu lid + valance. Looks beautiful in the pictures

Previous appearances . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ght=9110301510
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LongRanger; 10-25-2014 at 08:44 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

I have the sister car to this one, a Euro 70 S as well, imported to Canada in 1976. same colour, sunroof, 0301609, but mine has sport seats and power windows. I have owned this since 1977 and am the third owner. This car also does not have an aluminum trunk or license panel. The thing that has always perplexed me is the outside mirror, the car came with a small flag mirror , I always assumed that this was not fitted until 1971 but I see this one for sale also has the small flag mirror. Is it possible that the factory fitted these small flag mirrors on later production Euro 70 cars?
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Rudy

IMG_4791.jpg
    IMG_4795.jpg

All the parts mentioned are available with the car. They were not installed because not everyone likes the rear wiper, muffler skirt and wheel arch trim.
    Last edited by ret9191; 10-26-2014 at 05:04 PM.

And now that I read the earlier threads, it's not numbers-matched? Was thinking "man that's a great deal" but I did not know it was not orig. engine. Beautiful car and what a color! My favorite.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by bitbckt View Post
    Bidding ended at $136.1k, 19 bids, 1779 views

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by rvdv View Post
    . . . I have the sister car to this one, a Euro 70 S as well, imported to Canada in 1976. same colour, sunroof, 0301609, but mine has sport seats and power windows. I have owned this since 1977 and am the third owner . . .
    . . . Any thoughts would be appreciated . . .

IMG_4791.jpg
    IMG_4795.jpg
    Whew --- niiiice car, Rudy

And any more details to share? Where, how, etc. 37 years, too. Wow. Any 'vintage' pics?

And I'm always curious --- + and with sooo many other choices . . . . why did you buy this car, Back Then?

We Can Be Heroes

Interesting question Rick, when I was a young boy in the early 60's it was my job to go to the milk store every day to buy milk for my mom, always loved cars and I could give you the name and model of practically any car on the road. One day parked in the front of the milk store was this weird looking car that looked like a VW but wasn't a VW, had no idea what it was. The thing that really got my interest were the 2 grills on the rear trunk, I fell in love with the car and clearly remember saying to my self one day I will have one of these, I was 7 or 8 years old then. So fast forward 15 years later in the summer of 1977 22 years old I was ready to buy one of these weird cars, I looked in the local newspaper and found an ad for a 1970 911S, didn't know the difference between "t","e" or "s", saw the car from a distance and made my decision to buy it instantly, paid his asking price of $7000.00 for the car. I didn't know much about these cars back then, I was ready to buy any decent looking 911, lucky for me as I discovered later it happened to be an "S".

Quote Originally Posted by rvdv View Post
    I
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

IMG_4795.jpg
    Rudy,

Whatever you do, do not drink any color liquids when driving your car. The seats are fantastic!
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299