Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirror at the right side 2.4 1973

Mirror at the right side 2.4 1973

Dear all,
    Does anybody know if the mirror at the right side had the same position on the door like the left one.

The mirror at the right side was an option in 1973 and very seldom. As far as I know is the position of the right mirror different.

Maybe someone has original pics or information.

Thanks...........Oliver

There should be some rubber blanks on the inside where the holes would be drilled.
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Hi,
    rubber blanks and a protection (rectangular steel plate)?

I remember the protection plate at the inside of the door. It looked original and not reinstalled!

Oliver

The right side mirror is NOT in the same position as the left! Have someone hold the mirror in the same position as the left, then get in the car and see what you get,,,,very simple. The holes are in the same position as the left side for mounting in right drive countries!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Hi,
    Sounds really simple and logical.........Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by FS1973 View Post
    Dear all,
    Does anybody know if the mirror at the right side had the same position on the door like the left one.

The mirror at the right side was an option in 1973 and very seldom. As far as I know is the position of the right mirror different.

Maybe someone has original pics or information.

Thanks...........Oliver
    There never was an option for a right side mirror in a 72 or 73 (Not that matched the rectangular mirror, anyway). They never existed until a few years ago, AFAK, when TMP made some right side mirrors to go with their reproduction left mirrors. I believe RHD cars in those years got round Durant mirrors.

Regards

Jim

I believe the Durrant had a different mirror (more convex) ? for a passenger side mount - it would be mounted forward of the factory mount points for a driver door that you would find on your passenger side - I think they were used for racing purposes and not sure about it being an actual factory option (with option code) but I could be wrong about the option part - not sure about the flag mirror ever having a different mirror or option for passenger side
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Hi Jim,

I found an accessory list 24.01.1972 with M 261 (mirror for the right side, price 20 DM for T, E, S )

Now I am looking for the accessory list model year 1973. Maybe the option M 261 was still existing in 1973.

Cheers.......Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by FS1973 View Post
    Hi Jim,

I found an accessory list 24.01.1972 with M 261 (mirror for the right side, price 20 DM for T, E, S )

Now I am looking for the accessory list model year 1973. Maybe the option M 261 was still existing in 1973.

Cheers.......Oliver
    Find a picture of that mirror. I'm sure you will find it to be a round mirror, not a flag mirror.

Regards

Jim

Jim is correct. I believe all Rhd cars had a round durant up to 73.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681