Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twin plug swb - mounting cdi & coils

Twin plug swb - mounting cdi & coils

Has anyone used this panel for a SWB Twin Plug?

Engine Compartment Electrical Panel, Twin Plug/2 CDI Box

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com...ox-p13074.html

Any good out of the box options out there? Trying to plan out where to place extra box & coil. I like PartsKlassik remanufactured CDI's, neat, tidy, and "period" correct vs MSD.

This Canepa car has the layout that I really like...

http://www.canepacollection.com/deta...d-8083834.html

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    MBR #2637
    AKA boschdog
    1968 911 Normal Coupe
    Houston, Texas

Hi Dan,

Have a look on our website, we can deliver the twinspark harness also.
    http://www.kroonwireharnesses.com/si...n_Harness.html

Regards from Holland,

Gerard Kroon.

RSR electric

You are building a hotrod, do whatever you like. The RSR electric panel came in two pieces, the extra panel for the other CD box was riveted to the stock panel. The coils are mounted to the crossmember at the back of the engine compartment

mike
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 1968DT View Post
    This Canepa car has the layout that I really like...
    Not much help, but a nice close up pic of the panel when it was at German Master Tech. Looks clean:http://gmtbend.com/projects/jerrys-1...r-tribute-car/

Name:  GOPR0181.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  103.2 KB
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Schiefer View Post
    Not much help, but a nice close up pic of the panel when it was at German Master Tech. Looks clean:http://gmtbend.com/projects/jerrys-1...r-tribute-car/

Name:  GOPR0181.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  103.2 KB
    Perfect, thank you everyone.
    Dan
    MBR #2637
    AKA boschdog
    1968 911 Normal Coupe
    Houston, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by mike curnow View Post
    You are building a hotrod, do whatever you like. The RSR electric panel came in two pieces, the extra panel for the other CD box was riveted to the stock panel. The coils are mounted to the crossmember at the back of the engine compartment

mike
    "OLD Thread Question"

Mike,

Do you know the dimensions, or have a pic of the "RSR" electric panel that is riveted to the stock panel?

Dan
    MBR #2637
    AKA boschdog
    1968 911 Normal Coupe
    Houston, Texas

electric panel

Dan
    I am currently visiting our daughter in League City Tx. We are flying home tomorrow and can supply pictures and measurements later this week. To bad I didn't get this sooner, maybe we could have had a meeting .I have a 73 factory 2.8 RSR which is currently in process.

Mike Curnow
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike curnow View Post
    Dan
    I am currently visiting our daughter in League City Tx. We are flying home tomorrow and can supply pictures and measurements later this week. To bad I didn't get this sooner, maybe we could have had a meeting .I have a 73 factory 2.8 RSR which is currently in process.

Mike Curnow
    Mike, too bad we missed each other. Houston area weather has been superb as of late. I would very much like to how you are coming along on your RSR.

Dan
    MBR #2637
    AKA boschdog
    1968 911 Normal Coupe
    Houston, Texas

RSR electrical panel

The extra piece is 4 inches long, making the whole panel on the bottom 16 inches. There is a flat headed rivit top and bottom, as well as spot welds along the seam. The extension panel is a step down flange about 1/2 inch wide. Hope this helps, if you need more info just yell.

Mike Curnow
    Mike

one more picture

Last picture
    Mike