Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help in identifying what model Porsche this is and if #'s are correct.

Need help in identifying what model Porsche this is and if #'s are correct.

I am new to this Forum and want to say hi. I am looking into buying a 1968 Porsche 911 swb that has been sitting for 32 years in the same location in CA. I need help finding out what exact model it is maybe an "S". Here are all the numbers on the car first the vin plate NR.# is 11835323 and the number under that one is #63-6805-L

The numbers on the Fan are *3281042 block # is 001/14 13911

I would really appreciate the help.

Thank you

Ben

Ben,

From your VIN (#11835323) the car is a '68 911 (Karmann) coupe - one of 742 non U.S. export, falling between 11835001 and 11835742.

The engine number (#3281042) is from a '68 911L type 901/14 U.S export - one of 741, falling between 3280001 and 3281606.

Hope this helps,
    Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

And Bahama Yellow...nice color....

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Here is a link to the many pictures I took and would love to hear from you guys and what you would think it is worth before I jump into the deal. The thing that is nice is that it is not on the market and I can take my time. The car is being sold by it's original owner and it only has 53k original miles. CA car original black plates and no rust.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1154823...eat=directlink

Thank you Ben

A bit of advice in your private messages. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearby View Post
    A bit of advice in your private messages. Good luck.
    Benoded,
    If anyone recognizes that garage or tracks the car from its license plate, you've lost your chance to buy it.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Banned
    Life is full of risks; better to buy it rather than posting your paycheck on Pinterest.

This is a great way to start the week... pure entertainment.

You ought to readily be able to figure out what that car is worth by surfing intently for an hour or so.

And if you are coming across a sleeper in your neighborhood, like Frank says - buy it. At least make a valid offer and try to buy it, then ask questions in public.

cheers -

Oh jeez... That photo link - while I enjoyed perusing the photos, not a good idea to put that on a public forum with Sharks swimming around. You know as Jimmy Buffett says, "fins to the left, fins to the right..."

Good luck. I hope you get it at a good number for you and someone doesn't swoop in and snag it out from underneath you. You now cannot take your time IMO.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Looks to be easily found on craigslist. Not what I would consider a screaming deal.