Thread: Seat belts

Seat belts

Wanted,
    Set of 1970 911 front Repa inertia reel seat belts.
    Regards,
    246jaenick.

Quote Originally Posted by 246jaenick View Post
    Wanted,
    Set of 1970 911 front Repa inertia reel seat belts.
    Regards,
    246jaenick.
    I could be dead wrong, but I don't think there is such a thing as Repa inertia reel seat belts for a 1970 911. Certainly not in the US. I believe ROW cars got Autoflug (SP?) inertia reel seat belts that would have a red thread down the middle of the belt. Repa inertia reel seat belts didn't show up in US cars till the 72 YM cars.

Regards

Jim
    PS: Maybe Dave AKA Stretch could chime in with his thoughts.
    Last edited by Jim Breazeale; 11-03-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Jim is right. Autoflug retractors were an option on Euro cars in 1970. These used the tongue and receiver from the normal 3 - point standard seat belt set up on European cars.
    Have also seen the plain Black webbing, ROW with the same option. If you have the later rear quarter covers that concealed the reels, i can make you a set.

I have now stopped using the coroded 40 + year old retractors as they are PITA when they go wrong. I will make a few of these sets, new retractors, with both 69-71 tongues, and the later 72-73 tongue in the next few weeks. Euro webbing only. Christmas tree money

nnadD-1_zps99be59f9.JPG

Stretch,
    I posted a few weeks ago a "wanted" advert for a complete front set of Repa seat belts for my 1970 911T. In my ignorance I thought that Repa were the manufacturers of inertia reel seatbelts at that time. I now know that it was Autoflug, and only as an option. I am still looking for a complete front set of belts for the car and was wondering if you could help? If you are making some up for Santa how much would they be?
    Regards,
    246jaenick

My late production (96 from end of production1971 T Targa is number matching and a almost completely stock car. the COA lists "Automatic Safety Belts - Front L/R". My belts are exactly as shown in the picture from the owners manual posted above except that the belts disappear into the targa bar and reel in out of sight. Although a little balky as you extend them to latch they still work fine today. I do not believe they were retro fitted after the purchase.
    al