Thread: Early electric antenna questions

Early electric antenna questions

Please see photo below

Is this appropriate for a 67, ( I think it is,) Any idea of value?
    Thanks,
    Skip
    Last edited by CarmelSkip; 11-03-2014 at 06:22 AM.

Here is the photo
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Can you give the serial number engraved on the aluminum case?

Thanks you

This is all I can find:
    Type 6000F751
    Werk-Nr 322167
    Does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by CarmelSkip View Post
    Please see photo below

Is this appropriate for a 67, ( I think it is,) Any idea of value?
    Thanks,
    Skip
    I would bet that Joris K. would know the answer. He is 718RSK on this forum.
    Joris, where are you?

Jim

Hey Jim,

Had a hard time finding this thread among all the auction result threads.......

Skip,

As Jim knows I recently moved and have not unpacked all my stuff yet. As such it is hard for me to look up the Hirschmann number for the electric antenna used on the SWB cars. The workshop manual gives some clues however. The antenna shown I believe is a Hirschmann AUTA 6000 D series antenna and not the F series shown in your picture. This does not mean that the antenna shown by you will not fit. It was however likely never intended to be installed on a Porsche.

I do not know what your intentions are. If you want to be authentic I would say look further. If you want to install a period electric antenna on your car I would ask the seller for some key dimensions and figure out if you can make it work.

Good luck,

JK
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Joris

Gettin' a bit chippy ain't you? You aren't old enough to be that grumpy!

Ciao

Jim

Thanks gentlemen. It seemed that the part that shows above the fender was very similar to "correct" manual antennas that I had seen on SWB cars.
    Last edited by CarmelSkip; 11-05-2014 at 03:22 PM.