Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 1971 Targa 911T Found on a Driveway in Maryland

Here are a few more pic of the 40 IDA internals. I was also able to take a few photos down through the manifolds to the head.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Bavaria911; 04-14-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Completed the Weber 40 IDA rebuild.

Mounted the rebuilt Webers back on the 2.2

Last night is fired up the engine and she turned over and started. The marvel mystery oil started shooting out the tail pipe producing white smoke and the Webers were popping all over. The car would not idle and I had to pump the gas pedal to keep her running as the carbs were popping.
    Is there a step by step instruction for a person to adjust Webers after a full rebuild? Or or at can use a weber carb man to come to the house and assist in tuning the Weber 40 IDAs, are there any fellow Maryland/VA educated in this area???
    I have cash in hand. And if you can't produce positive work, you get nothing.

Vr,
    Scott

Drove her 25 miles and all is running well. The Webers are tuned properly and shifting nicely, may need shift coupler adjustment from 1st to 2nd. It appears to go into 4th too easily.
    Need help with the Emergency Brake blinking light in the gauge. It is very sensitive when I release the brake and drive off. A few miles down the road, the red light starts blinking in the gauge and is difficult to stop.
    I can trick it to stop by tapping down on it in the down position, but starts blinking in a few minutes or when I hit a bump in the road.
    Is there an adjustment or do I have to buy a sensor ? Not sure what to do.
    Vr,
    Scott

Loosen the shift rod clamp at the rear access, push the lever over to the 4th-5th gate, but in the neutral position, move the transmission shift rod in the same direction as the shift rod rotates (so the trans is now also in the 4th-5th gate) and then tighten clamp.

Lift the shift boot up, on the right side of the handbrake housing you'll see a single slotted screw, loosen it and move up or down to suit, that is the brake light adjustment.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Ed,
    Thanks for the tips. I fixed the e-brake blinking light. Did exactly what you said. It was a little tight quarters getting a small screw driver in the area to loosen the screw, but found a skinny washer and was able to turn, adjust the screw down a little and tighten. The brake light comes on after the first "click" when pulling up on the handle. FYI, a dime is too thick to fit in the screw slot. I'll look to adjust the shifter tomorrow.
    Vr,
    Scott

For next time you can buy right angle screwdrivers
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Decided to pull off the muffler and sand/paint for appearance.

Not too bad with fresh heat paint.