Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Tangerine 69S

FS: Tangerine 1969S #24

One of the very early 69S cars, chassis #24, is offerred for sale.

Numbers matching engine and chassis but gearbox replaced at some stage in its life with a still correct alloy, early 1969S gearbox.

Tangerine in colour. Built September 1968.

Cardex says delivered new to Texas with tinted glass, comfort seats, white Porsche side lettering, loudspeaker, antenna, Michelin tyres.

I bought this car from Bill Noon in 2005.

Car does not appear to have had any significant accidents, front panel looks original, rear engine lid is correct 69 and no evidence we can see of new front or rear guards. There is rust evident both now and evidence of rust repairs in the past. Floor pan is original, not too dented and appears fine but the box sections of the sills have rust evident. Sills had been replaced in the past. It has had a new front pan prior to my ownership. The front corners of the front screen have also had some rust repairs in the past.

You should safely assume you will find plenty more if the car is stripped for restoration.

Car is fitted with an original metal 110 litre fuel tank with a modified centre refill and original petrol filler was covered in the front guard, driving lights and under bumper lights are fitted neither of which are actually connected.

Vintage seats provided the ST style houdstooth seats now in the car. Headlining, radio and sunvisors original to the car and in excellent condition. Radio not connected though.

No books or tool kit. Has a front oil cooler but not a correct one. Dash is correct 69 but refinished by Just Dashes.

Car is in excellent mechanical condition with the motor having been stripped less than 10,000 miles ago (7 years ago) to fix a leaking crankshaft seal. Total mileage from new believed to be 190,000 miles extensive history back into the early 80's but nothing before that.

All pistons/barrels/rings were in great shape but re did the heads/valve guides etc while we were there. Everyone who drives the car raves about how it runs. The MFI is the later 69S 005 pump which was rebuilt in the USA before I acquired the car in 2005 and it has never given any issues.

Wheels on the car are currently 5.5 deep 15's with Michelin tyres but I recently acquired a set of rare 8/68 deep 6 x 15 wheels which I am sure a buyer would prefer to have there are however only 4, deep 6 wheels so no spare if a buyer goes that way.

Car can be driven as is, no problems, or would make a fabulous restoration project with all S values skyrocketing in the current market. Only 1400+ 69S cars were produced.

Asking $119,000USD, offers invited, asking price includes free shipping via single 20' container to anywhere in the world.

More pictures of numbers/sills/underneath etc available on request.

clyde@the-boyers.biz
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BOYER73S; 11-23-2014 at 10:54 PM.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Pretty car at a fair price. If I didn't already have two tangerine cars, I'd be tempted. Good luck with the sale. I'll bet this goes quick.

couple more
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    Pretty car at a fair price. If I didn't already have two tangerine cars, I'd be tempted. Good luck with the sale. I'll bet this goes quick.
    Yes 3 tangerine might be a bit much to take. I tried to price it fairly and think with free shipping that it is but guess the market will tell me soon enough.
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Looks like a great buy...

egad...great buy.
    Buy now...hold for 10 months..sell in monterey...make $75k at least.

I think you mean hold for 2 months and make $300K
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Clyde,

Congrats on the buy and now the sell. My wife (my wife is from Bondi Junction) and I contacted Classic Throttle back in May/June. We had called several times and even had a friend of mine in Sydney in go and check out the car in person. I had offer them around $115K and didn't even get a follow up call. I got to tell you, I was very disappointed with the manager.

Good for you on your buy. Hope you get the price you are asking. I think the car was at one point in San Diego, Ca.(where we are now) Hope someone in So Cal buys the car and give it the attention it needs.

Cheers

Kenny

Yes Bill Noon (San Deigo) owned the car prior to me buying it in 2005 yes I too hope someone buys it and restores the body it will make an awesome car
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Did you buy the car back from Classic Throttle? Or was this car on consignment with them?