Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 L.A. Auto Show . . .

2014 L.A. Auto Show . . .

. . . 21-30-Nov

Already that time o' year

http://laautoshow.com/

Tickets are $15 --- $10 for 'seniors' . . .

. . . and the only reason I mention that is because I got my first 'senior discount' a coupla years ago at this very event

I've been told that I have an 'old' soul, so let's just leave it at that, K?

No pushing

We Can Be Heroes

1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

2014, L.A. Auto Show . . .

Hhhhhh

Looks like it's gonna be One o' THOSE Kinda Shows . . .

Seriously? I've worked around enough Bikers, Rock Star Wannabees, and ex-Servicemen --- all slathered in their campaign and 'ports-o-call' tats . . . to know how all that ink will turn out
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Yeah, I am pretty sure Italy one that based upon contestant #2.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

More 2014, L.A. Auto Show . . .

I took the day off, then drove down to see the show. Left a liiiiittle bit later that I wanted --- slept in, and enjoyed it . . . and? . . .

. . . was rewarded w/ two-and-a-half hours in traffic

Ugh!

Anyway --- my expectations for this show were low. I don't know what the attendance numbers for this event are/have been --- but it sure seems like number of Car Makers showing up 've definitely shrunk

No new Ferraris

No new Lamborghinis

No new Loti

. . . at least not by the Car Makers themselves --- 'officially,' anyway

Just as well, I suppose. It's not like anybody comes home from this kind of an event, then runs out and buys one --- right? . . . but, still

Anyway. Camera had a real hard time in this Hall --- flash or no

1) + 2) Weird to see a Ferrari done like this. I dunno what these 're called anymore --- their alphabet soup of names/numbers doesn't connect w/ anything for me . . . so --- I'll just call this The Little One. Looks are starting to grow on me, but, still . . . what 'adventures' will this car ever have? Prolly never turn more than 10k mi. Ever

That seems to be what Ferraris do best --- Sit-'n'-Sell

3) BMW i8? Wonder what the BMWNA Guys made of this . . . sitting in a 'Tuner' space. Good-enough-looking, I suppose --- have to admit that I like these 'butterfly' doors . . . but no real power. Where's Paul Rosche when you need him? My Little Marvel 's responsible for the 'electric blue' stuff, sorry

4) Used Car Lambo. In Auto Show white? And check-out the crowd-response/demographic. Who markets this stuff, anyway? I can hear the crickets from here. Maybe they shoulda dragged some o' those FIAT Ladies over

5) Monster brakes. >12"? Wheels look sharp. Really sharp

We Can Be Heroes

McLaren --- M-something + /something else . . .

. . . and it's orange (of course) because, well --- orange gets all kinds of attention . . .

. . . as we can see here

Convertible/roadster/spyder/your open-car car hyper-ventilative here

I don't know. I'm sure this thing is an absolute ball to drive/crushes any performance number I can think of/just generally hauls a$$/etc-etc . . .

. . . so how come it looks like somebody forgot to put the roof on, huh? Open cars used to look soooo elegant --- slim, slinky . . . one lovely line from front fender to back. Now? Between all the roll-over protection, pop-up roll bars, and here --- those kooky fin-things on the rear quarters . . . this car looks sorta unfinished. And not cheap, either

Put it another way . . .

. . . what would this car look like --- without them?

Jack the warranty --- and pass me the Sawzall

We Can Be Heroes

Some electric-car outfit. Built out of the carcass of some other electric car outfit

Looks like they had enough money after Chapter 11 to hire a Real Stylist. NOT! I've seen more design flourishes in a grocery cart . . . which this 'll get re-cycled in to, I'm sure. Your deity here, this is nasty. The only interesting thing about this vehicle is the powerplant --- which is what I took a picture of . . .

. . . I think

And look! --- orange! Be still my beating heart. OK-OK --- maybe instead of just a few hose/lines, if they painted the whole thing orange . . . or hired some of those Alfa Girls . . .

. . . or --- dressed the Alfa Girls in orange!

Yeah-yeah --- THAT's the ticket

We Can Be Heroes

Saleen

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What can I say, except --- to me . . . every car here looks like something that came right out of a Beverly Hills High School Parking lot

Hard for me to get excited about cars that take their styling cues from stuff that I saw in my high school's parking lot. Four decades, ago. Is this really how far design/styling have come, since? I mean, I keep trying to imagine these cars w/ plastic panels, turbo-fours, and GVWs under 3000 lbs

Then I come here --- and wake up

Oh well --- going by those rather-ominous number on their sides . . . at least these things have a ton o' horse-power.

They need it

Depressing

PS Where 're all the FORDs?

We Can Be Heroes

More Saleen . . . doing 'the Tesla'

. . . and The Future of Tuning?

Don't know

Didn't ask

Don't care ------------------------------------------------------------ yet!

We Can Be Heroes

More Saleen

Jurrasic Car

This car should look good --- shovel nose, swoopy fender lines, gazonka motor on display, ditto exhaust pipes menacing . . . with manhood-mashing performance to match, I'm sure . . .

. . . yet, somehow --- to me . . . this whole thing manages comes off as WAY over-done, pretty-much 'naff' . . . like something that belongs in a Batman movie . . .

. . . or the next/inevitable installment of 'Cars'

Super-caboose = Kadashian Edition. And ---- mustn't forget . . . 750 hp + 248 mph = buy lotsa pants
    Unaccountably outta production for a few years, so . . .

Only ever seen this car once outside of a car show --- or the factory where they were building it . . . applied for a job, there
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 12-10-2014 at 06:35 PM.

We Can Be Heroes