Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reproduction LWB armrest 69-73

Reproduction LWB armrest 69-73

Do have anybody any experiences with the reproduction arm rests Porsche sells again?

I believe it is made by Lakewell

http://www.lakewell.com/en/porsche/9...-911-69-73-oem

I want to restore my car to close to concours, but as i know these armrests have different texture. Does anybody see one of them?

The Lakewell stuff is, in general, very good. The armrests are the exception. I bought a set and returned them. They are some type of molded rubber-like material. They do not look original. You are much better off finding a good original set.

Yes, that's what i tought. Thank you.

Just dashes will recover them for $250 each, but not sure about how they turn out. Thinking of sending mine there fore refinishing..

I cant believe nobody can reproduce a techology from the 60's...

member #1515
    because they don't want to make something that will warp after a few hot days
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    because they don't want to make something that will warp after a few hot days
    It's ok, but as i heard there isn't anybody who is satisfied with this reproductions.It means it's not good enough. I have one year to finish my restoration. Maybe somebody will produce a better copy till 2016!

Porsche CLassic make them again LHD only though at the moment different vinyl grain but look greta on their updates list.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Yes, but i think it's the same as the Lakewell stuff. Porsche Classic doesn't produce anything but makes contract with suppliers who they think makes good quality reproduction. Here os for example the mfi pump. Bosch doesnt make it anymore, but there are chinese manufacturer who can do this in much lower quality. I purchased the gold porsche letters from Porsche Classic to replace my old ones and the new letters look terrible. So much different from the original. I told it to Porsche. They gave my mo ey back immediately. Maybe they know the problems too...

Yes I was thinking Einmalag who wrere the first to have these out ages ago.

I am sure your right Lakewell and Porsche supplier are the same
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6