Hi,

I have a 1970 911 E, coupe, vin 9110201123, burgundy red, beige/tan leatherette interior. It was factory equipped with; US-spec, front/rear stabilizers, tinted glass all around, rear wiper, forged light alloy wheels 6x15, Frankfurt US radio, extended steering wheel.

Since I bought the car I´ve been able to find out parts of its history, but there are some bits of information missing. I am hopeing that the members on this forum are able to help me complete the history. This is what I found out so far:

The COA shows the car was delivered in UK june 1970, marked as a transit car.

According to PCGB´s archive the car is recorded as a LHD 911E Coupe, delivered to Porsche Cars Isleworth (near London) in June 1970, delivered to a Mr Mathews on 12th August 1970 and registered with the registration details QM 245 through a dealer listed as NEMET.

The registration detail QM indicates London (Temporary import).

The dealer NEMET (NEMET Auto International) is still located in NYC, and at that time specialized in supplying US servicemen stationed abroad with European cars at factory prices.

I´m therefore guessing that the first owner, Mr. Mathews probably was in the US military or within the embassy stationed in UK at that time. But after this it’s a huge gap in the history.

I got in touch with one of the previous owner, Aaron Bruce Dunaway, Springfield Ohio. He told me that got the car from his father Tom Dunaway in begining of 2002. His father had kept the car storaged for a rather long period of time. His father wasn’t able to recollect the name of the person he bought it from, but I was told it was a private individual in Columbus, Ohio. In 2005 Aaron sold the car to a Brian Catanzaro in Ohio, Springfield. After that the car turned up 2 times on e-bay. It later found its way to Denmark.

Thank you for your help!

Nick