Thread: New member, need help with 1970 911E targa

Question New member, need help with 1970 911E targa

Just bought a 1970 911E targa, matching numbers according to the seller.
    Was wondering if anyone can possibly prove this or have any kind of info on it. Im new here and I don't have the books yet so please bare with my questions.

VIN: 9110210041
    Engine: 6200107

More info on the car:
    original colour was blutorange
    901 transmission
    2.2l MFI
    aluminium rear decklid
    factory tinted rear glass
    Pat Hesse
    1970 911E Targa
    https://www.facebook.com/Monkeywrenchph

The only way to prove "numbers matching" is to get a Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche. The numbers you provided do tell that it is a 1970 911E Targa and that it does have a 1970 911E Engine installed. Chances are pretty good that it is a numbers matching car.

Regards

Jim

As Jim says, a COA is the only way to know for certain.
    However, in my database, I have 9110210038 with 6200104 so I would say there is a very high probability.
    What is the paint code on the badge?
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Welcome to the E club. I'm restoring a 69 Blood Orange coupe right now. The E is a fantastic car and finally getting the credit it deserves in the market place. Keep us posted on what you find out. I was amazed the other day after looking on the E cars for sale thread, here on the S Reg, that the S cars and T cars for sale threads have over 100 pages, and the E cars thread just hit 38! it seems that once people have an E, they're not real keen on letting it go. I'm very glad I got one when I did.
    1969 911 E #824

There is a 911E registry
    http://www.911e.org
    Registry member No.773

My page on the 911E Registry:
    http://www.911e.org/microsite.php?9113201174
    I find the 'E' a pleasure to drive. Always would like to collect other early examples but no interest in giving it up for a different model.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Awesome, thank you all for your info. Original colour was blutorange I believe the colour code for that is 018.
    I was thinking of painting it gemini blue though. I just really like the way the 70 targa in the porsche museum looked like so I kind of want to paint it like that. What do you guys think? Also when I bought the car, it came with 14 inch fuchs that were terribly repainted so I'm selling those. Id like to know what wheels I should put on my targa, your suggestions are welcome. Im thinking maybe a 6r or 7r fuchs would look great.

Also I found out that the car was imported to the Philippines in 1972 and has been owned by one family until I bought it. Gauges are in km/h and is left hand drive so I'm guessing it is a german/european model. However, since the Philippines is a tropical country the targa top is severely damaged and I will need a replacement.... I know it will be expensive too any suggestions for that?
    Pat Hesse
    1970 911E Targa
    https://www.facebook.com/Monkeywrenchph