Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 18mm Front Sway Bar Kit for Early 911!!

18mm Front Sway Bar Kit for Early 911!!

After years of searching for the elusive 76 turbo front sway bar set up and only finding one for sale for $1,200.00 that needed a complete restoration I've decided to put my own kit together for my cars and friends cars and I'll offer some to the early911sregistry folks. This set up is perfect for the early 911 because it's 100% factory look and performance. The 18mm bar keeps the car flat through the corners and doesn't over bar the car as most after market kits that are too large do. If you pair this front bar with a 75 18mm rear bar it's a sweet set up that's all factory in looks and performance. I have this set up on my ST and it's perfect. Most the parts in my kit are factory parts and the ones that aren't available any more I have made. The bar itself is made for me by Tarett Engineering. It's a hollow 19mm OD bar with a 18mm effective rate. It works perfectly with the stock 18mm rubber bushings. It looks stock and is heat treated for added strength. The parts I have made are exact replacements from the original 18mm factory set up. The kit comes complete with all new bushings and hardware. What you see in the picture is what you get. I can install the drop link bushings for you if you wish as it's a pain if you haven't done it before. Kit costs $1,200.00 shipped in US. If you'd like one e-mail me at scottlongballa@aol.com They will be ready in 2 to 3 weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    72S, 72T now ST

Hi Scott,

Nice package! Are the arms and drop links factory parts or made by Tarett?

Thanks,
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Factory. I make the plates that clamp on the arm. Tarett only makes the bar for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Hi Scott,

Nice package! Are the arms and drop links factory parts or made by Tarett?

Thanks,
    72S, 72T now ST

There's only so many kits of these going to be made so if you're thinking of getting one let me know. When they are gone and parts are depleted they won't be made anymore. Thanks for the kind remarks I've received from you guys! -Scott
    72S, 72T now ST

Outstanding, Scott!! 18mm sways are a great way to go for a sports purpose set up.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    Factory. I make the plates that clamp on the arm. Tarett only makes the bar for me.
    Thanks for doing this Scott. It took me years to locate my 18 mm factory front sway bar.

A great addition to a sports purpose 911.
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Hi Scott...e-mail sent...Thanks'.../ Lars...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

18mm Front Sway Bar Kit for Early 911!!

Thanks' Scott....Just un-packed the sway bar kit and it really looks great!..../ Lars...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Scott,
    do you supply the U-tab that mounts on the arms?
    Thierry
    911TR 1968
    ----------------

Looks good, Scott.

BTW, where the hell have you been?
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687