Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: @eBay - 67S $325,000 BIN

FS: @eBay - 67S $325,000 BIN

Edited........
    Last edited by Soterik; 05-12-2015 at 05:42 PM.

I did not have the guts to ask that much money for my - also completely restored - non matching numbers '67S. When it comes to that people say it's worth 10-20 percent less than the original, but I think the percentage should be much higher. Here you go for your first drive in your restored 325.000 dollar 911S. When you visit a Porsche guy in your '67S the first thing he asks is if the car is 'matching numbers'. More important is your own feeling that something is not right. I passed on two not matching numbers 1964 cars for the same reason. Oh and when you don't know how to paint '67S wheels you may have your doubts about the attention to detail for the rest of the car.

Erik

I've never seen a gearshift (stick shift) boot like that before. What is it?

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Banned
    Egad!!!

I'm sorry (not really) but how does someone price a $150-200k car at $325?

I'm pretty sure the shift boot is from a '59 Goggomobil.

Erik is spot on with his assessment.

"Is it matching numbers?" has turned into the "Come here often?" first question in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by kouwenhoven View Post
    I did not have the guts to ask that much money for my - also completely restored - non matching numbers '67S. When it comes to that people say it's worth 10-20 percent less than the original, but I think the percentage should be much higher. Here you go for your first drive in your restored 325.000 dollar 911S. When you visit a Porsche guy in your '67S the first thing he asks is if the car is 'matching numbers'. More important is your own feeling that something is not right. I passed on two not matching numbers 1964 cars for the same reason. Oh and when you don't know how to paint '67S wheels you may have your doubts about the attention to detail for the rest of the car.

Erik
    That is the honest truth about non matching numbers and the first question asked if selling.
    Jim

Too many Porsches and one VW are starting to fill up my desert landscape.

https://www.instagram.com/1967s_307184s/

I dig the guy's ebay username: "Houston dent repair"....
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what get's you."

1973 Austin Mini
    1975 911S 3.2 "the blue goose"
    1973 911E sunroof 3.2

I like his optimism but reality is a concept he needs to grasp. Passenger door fit is terrible. Drivers door fit in Fantasy photos isn't very sporty either. The list of missed opportunities to bring it up to a decent level is long. I'd gig it for $200,000. Stuff like this is self-serving fodder for other peddlers to "convince you" they're all priceless. BS.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

306131s

VIN = 306131S
    Eng# = 961094
    Trans# = ?

'. . . 1967 PORSCHE 911 S COUPE
    LIGHT IVORY WITH BLACK INTERIOR
    ABSOLUTELY RUST FREE
    VIN#306131S
    ENGINE #961094
    ONLY 1823 S COUPES PRODUCED IN 1967
    COMPLETELY REBUILT TYPE 901/02 2.0 FLAT 6 ENGINE (1991 CC)
    NIKASIL PLATED CYLINDERS
    MANUAL 5 SPD TRANSMISSION
    RACK AND PINION STEERING
    INDEPENDENT REAR SUSPENSION
    DISC BRAKES
    15 INCH FUCHS FORGED MAGNESIUM RIMS . . .

. . . THIS CAR HAS BEEN COMPLETELY RESTORED BY RENNSPORT PORSCHE WORKSHOP SEALY TX
    EVERYTHING HAS BEEN REBUILT TO SPECS OR REPLACED
    EVERYTHING WORKS ON THE CAR
    THIS CAR HAS NOT LEFT THE SHOP SINCE REBUILD
    COMPLETE TURNKEY RARE PORSCHE
    MORE PICTURES ARE AVAILABLE FOR SERIOUS INQUIRIES
    CAR CAN BE SEEN BY APPOINTMENT
    WILL HELP WITH SHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS WORLWIDE
    PLEASE CALL ROBBIE HENDERSON AT 713-922-5521 FOR ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS FINE AUTOMOBILE . . .
    '

(Not mine)

What was this car worth 3 or 4 years, ago? . . . .

. . . + 32 watchers

We Can Be Heroes

I have seen this car and it is very nice. At the time, I thought to myself if I had 135k in my back pocket I would make an offer. 300k+ seems to be marketing strategy or something. But, I didn't ask questions, and did not know it was non-matching.
    MBR #2637
    AKA boschdog
    1968 911 Normal Coupe
    Houston, Texas

The devils sits in the details,,, but list is long her,, ok not to much money to fix it !! but the market seams a bit veered,,

and a words that are just a bit to much is !
    -THIS CAR HAS BEEN COMPLETELY RESTORED
    -EVERYTHING HAS BEEN REBUILT TO SPECS OR REPLACED