Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: @Canepa - '73 2.4S - fresh restoration

FS: @Canepa - '73 2.4S - fresh restoration

Fresh meticulous restoration of Italian car - #9113300912. Looks almost perfect bar a few minor details:

http://www.canepacollection.com/deta...-12885682.html

Anyone know the price?
    Current:
    '73 S coupe LHD #1113 Ivory White, very original (currently for sale here: http://bit.ly/1C3JUJF)
    '73 S coupe LHD #1078 Sepia Brown, fully restored (also for sale, here: http://bit.ly/1vLRHUK)
    Previous:
    '73 S Coupe RHD, Reg. "HMY 7K", Light Yellow (sold 1995)

I've seen this car in person and it is perfect! It was restored by one of our resident early 911 experts.
    -Chris Mohr

S Registry #1978

nice car albeit IMO they missed some very easy little bits - maybe they are too close to the car and overlooked it or they just had enough - sometimes it helps to have a few eyes on something to put some things on the "punch" list
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

I looked at it closely. It is a very clean car.
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709

Did everyone overlook Canepa's description of it having a "flat 4" engine? Odd lapse considering the caliber of cars they deal with.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

$385k!!!! How much better is it than the car gooding sold for $300k inc commission??
    Edward Lovett
    Membership No. 2577
    edwardlovett77@gmail.com

1971 911T - 1 Owner Californian - 50500miles - A real gem - Ivory with Black
    UK RHD 71 2.2S Cpe - 1 of 77 - SOLD
    Italian LHD 73 2.4S Cpe - Very original - Black on Black
    2.7RS Lightweight - A Swiss Car - White with Blue Decals

Looking for a 64 or 65 911, 2.7RST, Very Original 2.4S

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03 View Post
    nice car albeit IMO they missed some very easy little bits - maybe they are too close to the car and overlooked it or they just had enough - sometimes it helps to have a few eyes on something to put some things on the "punch" list
    Just curious what you observed to be incorrect?
    -Chris Mohr

S Registry #1978

Quote Originally Posted by 911ES View Post
    Looks almost perfect bar a few minor details:
    Curious what you've found as well?
    -Chris Mohr

S Registry #1978

Coil, no brown paper hoses, no weltmeister sticker, seat belts maybe. My Italian cars both had repamatic seat belts with the proper euro part number. Horns may or may not be correct. My two Italian cars both had dealer installed Fiamm snail horns. Probably some other things but not sure.

As far as the price goes, perhaps Canepa recognizes the ROW 2.4S as being something special with the factory installed trombone cooler, the RS tank, euro gauges, plain knobs and deleted items. Also, the generally stripped down nature of Italian esses. They also had an 013 pump and some other odds and ends that add to the differences in ROW making them special in today's market. Remember this was all done by the factory not a latter day customization to euro cool. In most markets in the day, these were the first ever Porsches to crack the ten thousand dollar mark. Dealers were reluctant to load them up adding to the price. This seems especially true with Italian esses or just what I have seen. A bridge to the RS without US DOT mandating changes. I would take an stock ROW 2.4S over a US version if given the choice. Both great cars but ROW has a little more of the 'euroness' that I like.
    Last edited by steve shea; 11-18-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    Coil, no brown paper hoses, no weltmeister sticker, seat belts maybe. My Italian cars both had repamatic seat belts with the proper euro part number. Horns may or may not be correct. My two Italian cars both had dealer installed Fiamm snail horns. Probably some pther things but not sure.
    On the seat belts, my Italian had originally no shoulder seat belts, they were added later and I had them removed. For the horns, mine has snails horns too but I have seen Italians with "fanfare". I think we had a discussion on this topic some time ago, there should be a thread somewhere on how Italians are different ... I'd say .. better ...
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter