Thread: 1966 Long Block

1966 Long Block

This is an engine originally thought to be a '67. I looked again. It's not.

907153 makes this a '66 case. 901/05 type number. Has been rebuilt at some point but is locked up tighter than Fort Knox from rust in the cylinders.
    MFI '69-S heads. Cams could be S but no guarantees. The left cam has the pulley boss. This was part of a 2 engine purchase last year from a fellow cleaning his inventory which included a 914/6 which was hot-rodded back in the day.

Lightening won't likely strike twice but the other engine turned out to be a factory documented racing engine with Chromal 906 P's an C's, 906 center oil cams and Ti rods.

The left side case has two repairs, about a half to one inches long 180º apart on the bell housing area. Not structural in nature as the engine ran in this state for GOK how long. The 2 welds could be much prettier. I leave that to the new owner although it's mighty tempting to break it down and make it nice.

No flywheel, no distributor, no carbs and the pictured oil line is long gone. Let's start at $4,500 OBO.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Photos of the repair to the bell housing area.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Next stop: The parts bin or pick it up in one piece. Once the case is stripped
    and prepped the price goes up. Buy now, break it yourself and save.

Last chance. Winter is coming and I'm easily bored.

-Cases
    -2.0 Crankshaft
    -Rods
    -Cylinders
    -IMS (matched to this case)
    -Complete engine tins
    -MFI S cams
    -Cam towers
    -2.0 MFI S heads
    -Oil pump
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Autopsy

Did an autopsy of the engine and "The Blind Hog" struck. Counterweighted crank, S Rods.

(the table was photoshopped quickly to clean up the background.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

PM sent on this.

PM reply to all parties.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I wish I had the coins! Alu case, cwcrank, Srods, Sheads...
    I have checked in the kid's Piggy bank, and I am still short a couple of thousands...

Looks like someone is going to make a great deal!

Olivier

Sithot. Do you still have these cases?

Only 5 years to reply but, yes. It was put it away (apart) and stored. It is a "0" case. Will have the "blunder welds" fixed this week as I finally found a technical welder I have full faith in. He fabricates parts for a living and is a TiG welding master. He intend to clean the old repairs and peen it back to original. If it's tumbled it'll look like new money. Along those lines I did pressure wash it today.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

And the new price will be??