Thread: FS: Incredibly rare Sinn - Heuer co-branded Monte Carlo

FS: Incredibly rare Sinn - Heuer co-branded Monte Carlo

Hi all, I have on offer here one of the rarest dash timers ever made - a very special early Monte Carlo that is co-signed by Heuer and Sinn. This would very much look the part in a 1960's Porsche, you will never see another. It is one of approximately 400 Heuer dash timers that Mr Helmut Sinn co-signed (the 400 includes Master Times, Monte Carlos and Sebrings, so of those 400, approximatly 130 would be Monte Carlos). These timers were never offered for sale to the general public - Mr Sinn sold them personally only to his very best customers. Here is a link to a Chronocentric thread written by Jasper Bitter of www.ClassicHeuer.de - it explains fully the rarity and exclusivity of these timers.

http://chronocentric.com/forums/heue...=read;id=15147

About this particular Monte Carlo - as well as having the co-signed dial, it is also an early timer - it is signed Ed. Heuer and Co, has the Heuer logo stamped into the movement and has PAT. APPL. FOR. printed on the dial. This example is the only Sinn Heuer I have seen anywhere with a tachymeter dial - it may be unique. The timer is in fantastic working condition, works like new. I have fully serviced it (watch repairer/restorer as a living) and mechanically it is perfect. The dial is in exceptional condition, patina is present on the lume as is ordinary for a timer of this age. The crystal is excellent. The body has minor wear consummate with use but NO large gouges or anything serious. I left it as-is for originality.

I have traced the history of the watch to the early 80's. This is when it was purchased by the previous owner, from a company in Munich called Uhren Huber. The previous owner tells me that, before it was offered for sale, this company sent the watch to Heuer to have it serviced and repaired. It was sent back in an 80's Mote Carlo box with the accompanying guarantee and tag - all seen in the pictures below. The box and guarantee both have the watches serial number written on them (again, see pics below). The original 60's instruction leaflet survives with the watch. The history beyond this point is not clear as the company Uhren Huber no longer appears to exist.

This truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity, I have never seen one for sale before, or indeed, I have never seen another example of any Sinn - Heuer timer other than this and those of Jasper Bitter in the link above. I have also contacted jasper about the timer (unknowingly disturbing his holiday!) and the response is below:

Dear Victor,

Thanks for your email to ClassicHeuer, Its Jasper Bitter here.

I am actually in holiday.

As i meet Mr Helmut Sinn years ago,
    He confirmed that He sold in that period about only 400 pieces in total on different racetracks in Formular one Events.

Super rare Version, the watch you have there.

Best regards

Von meinen IPhone gesendet

Jasper Bitter

Hopefully he will not mind me showing it.

Price for this incredible piece is £1550 shipped to the USA or Europe ($2435 approx), or £1520 shipped to the UK. It can also be supplied with a re-pro double back plate for £1670 ($2623 approx) shipped to the USA and Europe or £1640 shipped to the UK

Thankyou!

Pictures:

P1010040 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

P1010041 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

P1010044 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

P1010045 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

P1010048 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

P1010050 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

P1010051 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

P1010053 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

P1010054 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

P1010056 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

P1010052 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

P1010046 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

P1010047 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr
    Last edited by miniman; 11-30-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Provisionally sold