Thread: where to cut hole for 69 MFI adjustment?

where to cut hole for 69 MFI adjustment?

I was wondering if anyone has a picture or measured dimensions as to where to cut the hole in a 69 engine shroud to adjust the idle on the MFI pump. My understanding is that the 69 only tool that was on offer is a crappy design. I'm about to install my shroud on my engine build, and want to cut the hole so I can adjust the idle like in the 70 and later cars. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks Steve
    1969 911 E #824

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Install fan housing, shroud, MFI pedestal and pump. Stick adjusting tool thru fan and drill small hole to check alignment. Enlarge hole in the direction needed. About +\- 20mm. I use a die grinder with a small bur. gled

Thanks Gled, I was looking for a more precise location before I install the bits, but this may be the way I need to go. I will try to search or a close up photo of an MFI shroud as well..Thanks again
    1969 911 E #824

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    69 shroud has a little different shape than later shrouds. Trial and hopefully not error is your friend. I have fitted lots of repo shrouds and amber race shrouds, and put it on and take it off and grind is the only way.

My 69S is getting painted right now and the engine is on a stand. if there is a specific photo you need let me know and I would be happy to take it for you if it helps for location.

935 Owners Registry #02
    1969 911S, 1970 Euro 914-6
    935 1978
    Copeman Porsche 911 IMSA GTO
    1981 924 Carrera GT

member #1515
    The hole is almost the size of a quarter so precision is not needed. Use a scribe point and lay it around the adjusting screw marking the small diameter on the shroud. You should have the approximate center with that.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Thanks so much guys. I was able to get an approximate measurement and reproduce the location. Nice looking engine by the way...Cheers Steve
    1969 911 E #824