Thread: New Member Intro and search for old family cars...

New Member Intro and search for old family cars...

Hi everyone, I'm Paul and this is my first post here so thought I'd briefly introduce myself. Thanks largely to my grandfather who was a Porsche nut himself, I've been obsessed with Porsche's my entire life. My father and I restored a 65 356SC that was my grandfathers after he passed away (many many years ago) and I'm fortunate enough to still have that and another 356 of his today. Now that I'm a couple decades older I've dipped my toe into the newer water-cooled 911's and Caymans (which I think are fantastic btw) but my heart has always been with the early 911's and the time has finally come when I have the garage space to acquire one (sadly this didn't happen a few years back before the market took off, but such is life!). Digging through some old paperwork, I found the VIN's of some 911's that were once owned by my grandfather and though I realize the chances of finding them (AND being for sale no less) are quite slim, I thought I'd post them here anyway in case the proverbial needle in a haystack might be uncovered. So with that said, here they are:

72 911T 9112102921
    71 911T 9111112614
    62 356 89792 (ok, not a 911 but would still love to find it)
    I know there was a red 70 911S too that I have pics of, but sadly can't find the VIN!

Anyway, hopefully in the not too distant future I'll be posting here as an early 911 owner, but until then I have a lot of reading and research to do to get up to speed on things. I feel like at one point in my life I knew a lot about these cars but then fast forward a few decades of work and not enough hobby time and it's amazing what one forgets! Thanks for listening, hope to meet some of you at events in the future.

Paul

Welcome. I suppose you did this, but in the event you didn't... I did a quick search here, but no returns on either VIN. Good luck with your search.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Welcome Paul... sounds like you have some nice car history........

Cheers,
    Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Hi, Paul . . .

. . . and welcome aboard

Post some pictures, why don't you? . . .

. . . and tell some more about your Dad's 'S'

You'd be surprised at what a little poking around here can turn up, so . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Thanks guys, appreciate the welcome. Not the best shot, but this is my Cayman S and C4S...I don't have any shots of the 356's on this comp but ill get some up this weekend.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  163.8 KB

Tick-Tock . . .

Quote Originally Posted by PDT911 View Post
    . . . don't have any shots of the 356's on this comp but ill get some up this weekend . . .
    . . . 2.5 years, already

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by PDT911 View Post
    72 911T 9112102921
    71 911T 9111112614
    First car seems to be around:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=porsche+9112102921

I didn't find anything on the second one though.

Thanks tomster. Yes, I saw that a few months after it sold...and learned that it lived 15 miles from me for the better part of it's life and i never knew!! Ugh! Tried contacting the new owner through the dealer that sold it but no response. I now have google alerts set up...hope to some day reunite.
    MBR#3109
    1957 Speedster
    1965 356SC Cpe
    2010 Cayman S
    2013 C4S

Jeez, I guess I abandoned this thread without posting more pics!! Here's the current line up (minus a 65 SC not in the pic).
    Name:  IMG_5091.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  112.8 KB
    MBR#3109
    1957 Speedster
    1965 356SC Cpe
    2010 Cayman S
    2013 C4S