Thread: Plating recommendation

Plating recommendation

I wanted to make an unrequested online endorsement of the Bass Plating Company out of Bloomfield CT.
    I was having trouble finding anyone to do quality plating in my hometown and located this company. Their work has been outstanding and priced well.

http://www.bassplating.com/

If you're needing this type of work done, look them up.

Greg

From their web site with specs. Good questions to ask when having parts Yellow Zinc Dichromate Plated. Ask some questions or better yet specify which treatment you want so you know what you are getting. All the parts will look good at first but the finish may not last very long if the coating thickness is thin.

SC 4 (very severe)
    SC 3 (severe)
    SC 2 (moderate)
    SC 1 (mild)

Gives galvanic protection to base metal. Untreated (TYPE I) zinc plating does not maintain its bright surface for a very long period. TYPE II and III treatments retard the formation of white corrosion products on the plated surface. The service life of zinc plating is a function of conditions such as thickness, exposure, and usage. The service conditions are as follows: SC 4 – Very severe: Exposure to harsh conditions or subject to frequent exposure to moisture, cleaners, and saline solutions and damage by denting, scratching, or abrasive wear. SC 3 – Severe: Exposure to condensation, perspiration, infrequent wetting by rain, and cleaners. SC 2 – Moderate: Exposure mostly to dry indoor atmospheres but subject to occasional condensation, wear, or abrasion. SC 1 – Mild: Exposure to indoor atmospheres with rare condensation and subject to minimum wear or abrasion.

Fe/Zn 25 (25 microns)-.001
    Fe/Zn 13 (13 microns)-.0005
    Fe/Zn 8 (8 microns)-.0003
    Fe/Zn 5 (5 microns)-.0002

TYPE I – Without supplementary treatment
    TYPE II – With colored chromate conversion coatings
    TYPE III – With colorless chromate conversion coatings
    TYPE IV – With phosphate conversion coatings

TYPE I – Clear
    TYPE II – Gold
    TYPE III – Clear
    TYPE IV – Gray
    Dull to bright
    Mark Erbesfield
    2018 911 Carrera T 7spd manual 😊
    1973 911S #9113301282
    1957 356A #58648
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FST (Factory Soft Top)
    1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 “Patina Queen”
    1979 MB 450SL "Dad's old car"
    2019 Cayenne "Wife's car"