Thread: How to install small rings holding blower halves together?

How to install small rings holding blower halves together?

I've tried using a 12 mm socket to push these rings down on the plastic nubbins -- and after an hour I got ONE on. Tha was after I gave up on using a screwdriver.

There has to be an easier way - does anyone know what it is??

These are the blower halves that hold the heater blower motor and fan in the trunk.

Thanks!
    Last edited by 37yrold911; 12-09-2014 at 01:56 PM.

As I recall I've used thin tubing, much like you're trying to do with your socket, but it is too thick walled. Thin tubing with an I.D. that will slip over the plastic nub should work.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

thx - will start searching for that tubing

I also stretched out one of the rings - any idea where (or if) I can get another?

I filed a grove in an old pair of vice grips.......worked like a charm.
    Tony