Thread: Engine Number 6210800

Engine Number 6210800

My friend has a 914 Race Car with engine #6210800. I looked on DaveP's list and also typed it in to do a search and nothing has come up on this site. I was told by a fellow member here and friend that he believes it is a 1971E. My friend who has the car is going to do a small write up on it, maybe somebody here knows more about it. He is going to go though the paperwork and give as much info as possible. It has an interesting race history. He told me it would only be for sale to the person with the matching number car. Anyhow, hopefully will have something by tomorrow and will post on Lost and Found.

Can someone post a screenshot or picture of where this motor falls? I'm assuming it is the 800th motor built on a 1971E. That way I can post a proper Lost and Found ad and possibly a cool story behind this car's history in the Other Porsche section. Thanks for any help.

Others will probably chime in with something more useful, but my old 71E coupe #379 had matching engine 6210622. At least it gives you an idea where in the range the car you are looking for is. Good luck finding it!!! :-)
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

And btw: There is a big black hole in the registry database around your engine number. Check out the 911E registry, one engine listed only 10 away from yours.

http://www.911e.org/registry.php
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender

Thank you for verifying 1971E. Looks like it falls between:

911 120 0519 Earl Green Portland Oregon Burgundy More > click to see pictures

911 120 0532 621 0810 2/71 TIM SCOTT LONDON WHITE

So would that make it chassis 911 120 0522? Or is that not how it works?

It is not my car, posting for a friend but it has a unique and interesting race history and design. I will post to Lost and Found after I get a short write up and some pics. Stay tuned....

Quote Originally Posted by sandbeige911 View Post
    So would that make it chassis 911 120 0522? Or is that not how it works?
    It is not possible to guess the exact chassis number based on the E-Registry info. There are a few guys here who can find out what chassis an engine belongs to, but I´m not one of them. (Wish I was )
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender