Thread: Build date added to our data base.....

Lightbulb Build date added to our data base.....

Seeing not only the VIN and Engine number but the build date is a valuable bit of information on our cars, the S Registry has just added a column for that important information in our data base... and will be subsequently added to the club's roster we mail out.

So, S Registry paid members who’s cars are already in our data base PLEASE email Fred Trueman with your car’s build date (if known) by MM-DD-YYYY, please in 10 characters. And PLEASE submit the info in English/U.S form of Month, Day, and Year, NOT the German/Continental form of day, month, and year.
    fctruem@verizon.net

If you only know your month and year but not day, please fill in those two 'day' spaces with two x’s.

If you don't know your month please leave it blank, we already know your year... Better no info, then the wrong info....

As far as you new or future members, we have added this question/space to all of our membership applications, online and mail in. Again, If you don’t know your build date please leave it blank.

Holiday Cheers,
    The S Registry
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Lightbulb

Gentleman,

The S Registry is so far pretty disappointed in our member's responses to add to this new data point in our data base….

Out of all the paid/registered members in our data base only about a couple of dozen have added their build dates.

We thought our club members would find this data point very helpful and wanted….. maybe not....

So, if you haven’t………
    Please see the first post on this thread for the needed info to add to the knowledge base of this club….

Thanks,
    The S Registry
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck
    i am sure i sent the info in on the build date - but you can be never certain that it is received and recorded. I expect it is the next time that we get the lists before anyone really knows, or is reminded of this. Given that the last time i signed up i will not be paying again until mid 2016 so i may not even see anything until then for me to be certain.
    I think the database is a valuable resource and it should be members only. However maybe the suggestion on the other thread for this to be available in a members only section would allow people to check if theirs is recorded and speed up the process of getting as many as possible recorded. I only know the month for mine (june 1973) and that is all i could get from Porsche, but given it is in the last 60 E's built i think it is very late june. Having other car's details recorded may make it easier to guestimate such tings and i think that would be valuable to lots of members.
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Thumbs up

I think the database is a valuable resource and it should be members only. However maybe the suggestion on the other thread for this to be available in a members only section would allow people to check if theirs is recorded and speed up the process of getting as many as possible recorded.
    Yep... we're in the process of having our data base 'shake hands' with our message board......... please stay tuned

I only know the month for mine (june 1973) and that is all i could get from Porsche, but given it is in the last 60 E's built i think it is very late june. Having other car's details recorded may make it easier to guestimate such tings and i think that would be valuable to lots of members.
    I'm in exactly the same boat Hugh, April of '73 is all I have so comparing known day dates will just get me a little closer.......
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Lightbulb

I think I mentioned this before but....

All I knew was my build month as well (and most all the other info on my car) until the 2015 Rennsport Reunion, when at the Porsche hospitality tent I went up to the 'free' (giving them your email address) service of looking up your car on their data base. I didn't expect anything I didn't know... until the young man at his laptop asked me if I wanted to write down the info I thought I already knew when I noticed at the very top the date 18, April, 1973 !!! I almost fell down... Not sure about earlier cars, but if you have a June '73, they have the complete date in their data base... somewhere

Good luck
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter