Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.5 X 15 Fuchs

4.5 X 15 Fuchs

Excellent set (4) with period Pirelli Cinturato P3 165 SR 15 86 s tires/tyre. Tires/tyres are in excellent shape,just old. Narry a scratch on the lip of each wheel. These are all original factory finish with just a few minor nicks. Been stored in of doors since 1995. All wheels are dated: 10/70. (---- corrected to 7 70 stamp )
    9,000.00 USD. Shipping cost to be paid by buyer
    Will not dismount tires/tyres, sold as a set. (Tires/tyres are for show purposes only) Tires/tyre s look a lot better than the pictures depict ; more like post # 4

Cliff
    Last edited by Cliff; 12-11-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Junior Mitglied
    4.5x15 fuchs are made one year and one year only 67. Anything later with heart are 5.5x15 and 6x15 deep 6s. There are no date stamp for the 4.5x15. Please post pics of your fooks.

4 1/2 X 15 alloys.
    I was in error on the stamped dates. 7 70 seems to be the correct one, though the other three seem to have slightly different stampings ( if that is indeed the date? ) & not as clear as the one pictured....cliff
    Attached Images Attached Images

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Junior Mitglied
    I may be wrong but these wheels are originally deep 6s that were cut to make 4.5. I've seen a couple across the pond.

Just took a couple more pictures of the part # & the fox logo- hard to see!
    also, the depth of the dish is more shallow than 5.5 or sixes.

—Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

Fooks, F$cks, whatever. I have a similar set of 5 in the garage here - those look correct; the sideset/depth is shown in the 4th picture looks spot on. Maybe Fuchs did a run of spares and replacements in 70. Black painted area looks absolutely correct, and that is how they show age.

The real test would be to check the anodize - should be rough inside the dish, smooth on the outer rim; I can't really tell on my monit0r
    Last edited by 72targa; 12-11-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Fuchs, fooks,fewks

I've had these since '92 before people were ,afaik, so creative to make up a set of 41/2`s

—Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

I thought only the very first run of 4.5 x 15 fuchs had the ink stamp numbers, the later versions had the embossed type. Very cool and interesting set of wheels either way! GLWS

~J~
    air cooled only

The real 911R style 7x15's had ink stamps also.

Those are original Fuchs 4 1/2 X 15s.
    The stamps VS the numbers left in were dependent on the person doing the finishing when new.
    They are both correct for all 4 1/2s.
    These particular wheels were made as replacement parts. There must have been a run in 7/70 as I have seen others with that date....
    The requirement for replacement parts was 10 years and many parts had to be rerun.
    The 4 1/2s were still in inventory well into the late 70s.
    H