Hi everyone
I am very new to this registry and I am glad to be part of this.

I bought a '66 911 that is not in the worst shape but does need to body work to make it presentable. it will also need some interior work especially refreshing the wooden dash and steering wheel.

I am not sure where to start! I do defeneitely want to do down to a bare metal body work. it does have some mild superficial rust but also the floor pans will need to be replaced. it has a 356 headlights on it for some reason but still has the original turn signals front (faded) and back. the interior has everything original except the front seats which were redone.

My questions:
- how much is a reasonable budget for complete body ? (body panels are streight, except the floor pans will need to be changed and the trunk has some "mudd" so i might change it if cant be fixed.
- any recs regarding where to get the interior done? I want to change it from black to red except the carpet!
- would you recommend changing the carpet or keeping it original? its not terrible.
- would you recommend changing the body trims? redo them? buying from new from stoddard or similar ? which makes more financial sense? and would it really affect the originality of the car ?
- any recs where to redo the interior? redo the wooden steering wheel and wooden dash trim?
- any recommendations about where to get some original front and rear signal sets? or can I get original lenses?

I have owned few porsches in the past and currently but I usually get a "ready" car with maybe just few cosmetics needed. Clearly I have no experience in restoring and would appreciate some guidance.

too many questions, you dont need to answer all but answering any of the above, for now, will be very helpful

p.s I am located in NC. would prefer to restore it here in NC but dont mind shipping the interior to be redone.
thanks you!
Wael