Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 1971 911 S east african safari race car discovered in Germany

Who welded the roll bar brackets? The porsche? Kremer?

Name:  DSCF0213.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  60.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    Who welded the roll bar brackets? The porsche? Kremer?

Name:  DSCF0213.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  60.3 KB

Thats original plate for the rollbar...availlable in the spare parts catalog...I guess I have the original drawing for bar and plates from Porsche!
    Porsche 911 S 1971 Kremer race car

Quote Originally Posted by 911r67 View Post
    Thats original plate for the rollbar...availlable in the spare parts catalog...I guess I have the original drawing for bar and plates from Porsche!
    I speak of the most extreme welded point towards the left side. Was it a grip for the belts or for the cage? In that case, are these supports original? In Illustration: 812-10 I see the bar and its supports but not the ones I am talking about! Thank you very much for your reply! Salds

Name:  juaa2.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  20.0 KBName:  jaula.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  29.0 KB

Need close up of the welded plate,it looks like a 4 bolt mount,which is later,my st was 3 bolts as is most i have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    [COLOR=#202124][FONT=arial]I speak of the most extreme welded point towards the left side.
    That welded in boss is for the seat harness.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    That welded in boss is for the seat harness.
    is it always for the belts? Is there any case in which the roll-cage is caught there? salds! by the way, I ask ... since the vehicle has the porsche, are there (or want to show) more photos of the vehicle or when a vehicle is given to the porsche are usually signed "things" for not publications etc? ... salds and thanks !!
    Does the belt support have a page in the manual? I can't find.

If the roll bar was a factory part, no. If a privateer created a custom roll bar, anything is possible.

Do not expect the on line PET to be completely accurate for early cars. Try to find and buy the period maintenance books and parts manual to match the year of your car. That is the best information on the parts.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586