Thread: swb or lwb racecar? pleasure, price etc

swb or lwb racecar? pleasure, price etc

Hi,
    For racing , which early 911 will you choose?
    swb pre 65 or ST 2.3, 2.5l?( T E or S shell...)
    what is the best choice today?
    Are cost suffering the same between those car?
    Are the racing events opened for two type the same?
    which car will not be collector...to avoid keeping a cool car into the garage .. damage risk....
    thanks cor experience abd opinion...
    22s

what part of the world you plan to race ( US / EU )

How much you got to invest

pre 65 = a 64 car €€€€ or you mean a 65 car on solex !
    2,3 ST on carbs !
    2,5 ST injection !

which car will not be collector = 997 :-)

EU race
    100k€ project

65 with solex
    or as you said 2.3 carbs or 2.5l mfi

What is, even if it depend of th driver..., the best pleasure to drive, the best car for further years, what are the difference for cost maintenance

I like pre-65 car but I fear to be tired with small power...I like S/T car but do not know if it's an expansive car as so much people think....

My philosphy is cheaper is faster so I am building my track car from a 1969 912 body shell. I could have used a 67 912 SWB shell but I think the lwb will be better for high speed and parts availability. Any 65 911 is a valuable car so maybe a 2.3ST build would be better especially if you are an aggressive driver.