Thread: Steering Wheel Question

Steering Wheel Question

I was looking for an original 1972 steering wheel and i bought this one...
    It was sold as a perfect fit. But the splines are too small to fit over my steering shaft. Plus the hub doesn't cover the diameter of the switch assemblies.
    And the hub sticks out far more than any other 911 steering wheel that i have seen.
    Anyway, does anyone know what car this belongs on?
    Attached Images Attached Images      

You got screwed! It looks like some kind of extended hub 914 wheel. I have never seen one like it, though.
    The horn button is a "hockey puck" with a 356A horn button cover glued on top. Pretty tacky IMHO
    Return it to the genius that sold it to you and request a refund along with a suggestion to stick it up his ***.

Regards

Jim

Wow! That is a mess! Sorry you got treated so badly.

It's not a 914 hub. I'm positive. But I have no clue what it really is. Get your money back. Do a bit of research, then buy the right wheel for your car.

I think it is VW and I would be interested in buying it. PM me if you want to get rid of it.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Is it possibly an Empi Riverside 500 steering wheel? That would explain the smaller spline intended for a VW as opposed to a Porsche. If so I'd be interested as it'd save me a lot of hassle swapping a steering column out to make the Porsche wheel fit in my vw. I'll try and link a few pics....

Name:  212156[1].jpg
Views: 260
Size:  115.3 KB
    Name:  empiriverside500[1].jpg
Views: 273
Size:  17.1 KB
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

lol good timing Dave here I am trying to link these shotty photos
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

It has the JDM stamp in the hub. And "67". I'm assuming for the year.
    I am trying to be try money back from PayPal. He sold it to me with the information that it would fit a 65-73 911.
    It is in great shape but is of no good to me. PayPal is usually good with issues like this. I will have to suck up the shipping, but SLV. If I can't get me money back I'll surely sell to someone interested.

I was sent this link. Other than the leather it is very similar.

http://zuffenhaus.us/wordpress/?p=327