Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Leather RS Panel Door Pulls and Door Check Straps

Swedewerks Survivor Cars SD Swede's Avatar

Custom Leather RS Panel Door Pulls and Door Check Straps

Updated in post #4

I was unhappy with the leather door pull straps that came with my new RS door panels. Poor quality, looked bad (leather “kinked” from being folded up in a box and would not straighten out) and the passenger side “let go” on a pull after about 2 weeks.

I made my own, with matching closing pulls and door check straps, with a little more of a hot-rod flair. I then made a couple of sets for friends in different colors. As you see pictured, I’ve used black, tan and burgundy so far. I can get dark brown for both door pulls but not for the check straps yet. (The “bullet” editions were special requests).

I’m gauging interest here. Please know that I would make them “to order,” a couple of days to make and then about 3 to ship.

I use new cleats for the check straps and all mounting hardware is included.

Check straps, pair: $90.00
    Door Pulls long (actuates door latch), pair: $90.00
    Door Pulls short (pull to close), pair $30.00
    Complete set: $195.00
    Matching key fob: Free with either of the above

Expedited USPS shipping is included in the prices (conus)

Thanks guys….

(*First photo is a “before” shot of the bad)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SD Swede; 05-26-2015 at 02:53 PM.
    Peter Andersson #2864
    Pinstriped Early 911 Club #1

Installed.
    Peter Andersson #2864

got mine today...... so your straps are also in Luxembourg , Europe hahahah

they are perfect

thanks
    steve

I updated some pics of them in a '72. I also wanted to add that I make the door closing pulls straps to match as seen in the new (last) 2 photos. For here on the Registry only, if you order a "set" those will now be included and yet the price will remain the same, at $195. Or they are $30 a pair. Any pieces can be made without the grommets if it's not your thing.
    Peter Andersson #2864

Peter

Slightly off topic - any idea where the yellow tartan in the last pic comes from?

Rob

Pete,
    Mine finally got delivered and they are so nice and so much more durable/sturdy with the mounting set up! Thanks again. So nice to see someone crafting a great upgrade product.
    Philip
    69 Bahama T
    S Reg# 2753

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Peter

Slightly off topic - any idea where the yellow tartan in the last pic comes from?

Rob
    Rob,

The fabric is a very good reproduction/copy of a 914 seat fabric. It was bought through Auto Atlanta, see link. About $140/yard, (1 yard is enough for 2 seats centers). But, be aware, they are somewhat slow to ship...took a couple of extra calls to apply a little pressure. I've heard the same complaint from others about them, but it was the only source.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Y...161600BN1.html
    Peter Andersson #2864

Quote Originally Posted by Warm Tea View Post
    Pete,
    Mine finally got delivered and they are so nice and so much more durable/sturdy with the mounting set up! Thanks again. So nice to see someone crafting a great upgrade product.
    Philip
    When you pout and demand hand delivery and free install you often, somehow, end up at the back of the line! Beer was good tho, thanks Philip!!!
    Peter Andersson #2864

Peter,
    Are you offering Be-dazzling as an option?
    Felipe
    69 Bahama T
    S Reg# 2753

Thanks Peter

Will get onto them for the tartan and hope for the best.

Rob