Thread: 1965 porsche 911 engine case - help with its valuation

1965 porsche 911 engine case - help with its valuation

I have an engine case from a 1965 911 engine number 902782, I believe from the case is from around mid 65; the case formed the base of the engine in my 67S up to a few weeks ago so is in very good condition. I have just had a 67S engine built using an original 67S case, so to recoup some of the costs I would like to sell the 65 cases. In the current market I would like to understand what sort of price this case is worth, as I have had varying estimates. A few more details below and some pictures.

I would really appreciate any help you can provide.

Further information:

The crankcase has been modified for better air flow under the pistons.

The case has a small amount of damage from an old chain failure (common) and the intergear bearing surface has a bit of wear. The case has the oil pump scavenge modification (grub screw and drilling). This dumps the oil from the pressure relief valve into the scavenge pump rather than the crankcase, stopping excessive oil build up in the casing at high revs. The case has not been fitted with piston squirters.
    Name:  67S head 3.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  127.5 KBName:  67S head 2.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  81.4 KBName:  67S head 4.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  123.3 KBName:  67S head 5.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  90.1 KBName:  67S head 1.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  67.1 KB

Banned
    I'm dying to know what estimates you've been given?

As you well know from buying your car with a mismatch this is just a plain ole aluminum case unless the matching car is still around and the owner understands the value of it and is willing to pay.

As for value? The PM'd offers should start rolling in.

BTW: It's only a '65 in Europe. Here in the states it's a '66.

Yes, we're confused too.

12-64 casted, a serial number in the fall of 1965. I wonder what DaveP (w/ all his case data) could tell us about this.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

As my friend Jim Callaway at 356 limited used to say, "Its gotta be worth a buck." Great finish on the case. Do you know how it was cleaned?
    Regards Andy

Hi Andy

My engine guy told me the cases were aqua blasted.

regards
    Mark