Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NorCal Rgruppe/Early 911s Registry coffee and donutfest Sat Jan 3.

NorCal Rgruppe/Early 911s Registry coffee and donutfest Sat Jan 3.

The weather is going to be a bit cold so shorts, flip flops and a hoodie should be the order of the day. Plenty of hot coffee (fresh roasted, fresh ground and fresh brewed) served in a genuine ceramic mug with an EASY logo on it. Donuts will be provided, as well, until we run out. We do this every month of the year, unlike some other groups that go into hibernation. Get out of the house and put off taking down all the Christmas decorations (better yet, let your significant other take them down while you are bantering with your early 911 pals out on the street in front of the shop). See y'all on Saturday.

Ciao

Jim

Looking forward to it………hope the microwave works to heat up the apple fritters.

See you Saturday !

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Jim, I am planning to attend, see you Saturday.
    Curt

Jim
    I'll be there! See you Saturday! Jim

see you saturday guys

Just posted a video of today's meet... Enjoy!

EASY Emeryville January 3rd 2015

This was the first of 2015's First Saturday-of-the-month EASY / R Gruppe / Early 911 S Registry get-togethers…..and what a delight it was. Started out colder than Hell ( well, at least cold for here ) but blossomed into an absolutely spectacular, warm & sunny day. New cars, some new folks, fresh coffee --in short, a great way to set the tone for an exciting new automotive year.

Personally, I think my morning's highlight was the appearance of a white Singer, Number 2 actually, only the second Singer built ( in the summer of 2010 ) on a '88 911 donor, not the customary 964 preferred & utilized by the firm since then.The owner is a most friendly local chap who is very matter-of-fact about his car, drives it regularly and seems to be genuinely enjoying it. I have posted what photos I took of it in a newly started, seperate thread in "Other Porsche passions". Being allowed to look this beautiful car over in detail and to dicover the ins and outs of the methods, construction, material selection and execution and meticulous quality has permanently altered my take on the Singer concept overall, and immeasurably raised the esteem in which I hold Rob Dickinson and the entire crew at Singer. one of whom co-incidentally was on hand for his first EASY experience and was most helpful and generous about discussing the car.

Thanks for taking the time to take a look,

JZG
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 01-05-2015 at 04:28 AM. Reason: corrected spelling of Rob's name

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."

Two Subaru powered Porsches, both 2-liter turbo-charged examples - it's quite startling to see a cool SWB Longhood or a 914 'from back in the day" and then hear the totally unexpected baritone growl of a ballsy, blown water-cooled flat four instead of the scream of the customary aircooled six

……and another set of 5

One of the more interesting "new" cars, at least one I hadn't seen before, was this clean, extremely well-preserved, maintained & original ex Pat Moss, Sir Stirling Moss's s sister who was a top rally star with 3 outright Rally wins, 7 podium finishes and 5 European Ladie's Rally Championships back in her day and was married to world rally champion driver Erik Carlsson, works rally SAAB.