Thread: 73 S - sport seat and seat mounting rail questions

73 S - sport seat and seat mounting rail questions

I would appreciate hearing answers to a few questions re my sport seats as I begin to refinish the brackets:

In photo 1, it shows a rubber bumper where the 'tilt' piece of the frame rests....I am missing one on each seat frame and am curious if they are available from any source?
    In photo 2, I have two questions...these pieces seem to have been done in a 'wrinkle' finish...would like to know if that is correct or was improperly refinished in the past? Also, the oval head Phillips screws that attach this arm to the seat...they appear to be a white zinc finish...correct, or should they be chrome?
    In photo 3, I would like to know if the proper finish of the mounting screws and rounded end rectangular plates were? I assume yellow cad?

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Hope I am correct in answering your questions..
    1) not available anymore
    2a) correct wrinkle finish
    2b) probably chromed but might be even nickel coated (not a shiny as chrome)
    3) yellow zinc plated

Kind regards,

Cees

Cees

I seem to remember seeing those rubber blocks on Sierra or similar maybe they are not exactly the same but would suffice

I agree with your assessment on the phillips heads, chromed and of course other comments are spot on for 73.

Black spring washers under the hex head bolts too if they are now misisng.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

I think Alan@cranford classics in the UK is making a batch of the rubbers, find him on DDK forum or google cranford classics.

Thank you all for the prompt and informative replies - most appreciated.