Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Aluminum 550 Spyder build

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    i would be more concerned about the guy operating the torch and angle grinder next to the shelf with valuable paper stuff...but hey it`s none of my business...
    I think herein lies a disconnect with old school techs and the current climate of Porsche life. Bill is a 40 year Master Porsche Tech who spent most of his adult life restoring 550-0054 in that shop. A couple of things to note in those facts. The first being nothing has happened to that "valuable paper stuff" in that time and the second is that guess what, they are Porsche reference books, not the Dead Sea Scrolls. Lighten up! It says something serious about the viewer who can look at two Spyders and their only takeaway is an unjust worry about some old reference books on a shelf. How is that the only thing you can focus and comment on? If it is the only thing you can see to comment on your Porsche priorities need a serious review. I would focus inward before I focused outward if I were you. But maybe that is none of my business....

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Adam
    I dont think Moito meant ALL of that....
    He is a builder as well
    just a whimsical comment is what i saw.
    but maybe that is non of my business..........
    You are on track for driving this soon....................

Adam
    i`m not questioning the guys skills.
    and i do not care much about others messed up literature.
    one of my worst nightmares is that somehing is smoldering in my shop and a fire ignites when no one is in.
    i never leave right after i welded something...i stay at least an hour.
    i do love fire and some of my friends call me pyromaniac...played around with flames A LOT and still do.but fire has its own rules. had a few situations where i thought i`m save fooling around with this element..but got surprised that i was not.
    thats all i wanted to say...

Franz

sorry for not commenting on the build..did not want to ignite something(sorry but i could not resist--can you?)
    @Bob--had to google what whimsical means

Closing in on the first drive. We now have brakes!!! Making the lines was almost pure art, apparently 550 lines are very different from 356 lines so lots of hand fabbing and flaring was happening, Bill handled it well.
    A rare smile from Bill when we tested the brakes for the first time. I didn't mess around with the setup, B Drums and dual master cylinder, this car will know how to stop!

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!

We are on the cusp of a milestone. The last major system is now fully operational. We complete the clutch assembly today. Bill had to fabricate some brackets to keep the clutch piston from flexing, it's is a close approximation of the original 550 piece. We hope to do the first test drive next week!

---Adam

It doesn't get much better then today. 10 years of research, hard work, long nights, and barrels of cash led to this moment, it is alive. What started out as a dream is now a car! Thanks for Wray Schelin, William Haupt, and Geoff Fleming for staying with me. Dreams do come true!

Video here https://www.facebook.com/1620504960/...92208886098426

congratulations
    very cool

Thumbs up

OUTSTANDING Adam !!!!
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild