Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My top 2 Porsche pics....b'cus one is never enough....

My top 2 Porsche pics....b'cus one is never enough....

Staring aimlessly into the image on my PC screen saver it dawned on me that of all those I've pilfered over time this is probably my all time favourite Porsche pic; 1969 Acropolis Rally.

And because one is never enough, my second favourite- Alan Hamilton in his 906 at the start of the Collingrove Hillclimb track in the Barossa Valley, built on land on my 901's original owner's farming estate. Dry dirt, gum trees, a strip of tarmac and a couple of old Holdens combine to make the racing 906 look like something from space. And this all took place 45 minutes up the road from me.

Pls share yours.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    '65 901 SA '119' - 1st RHD Customer Delivered 911 Worldwide; 5710 Stone Grey/Green Leatherette 3 owners from new.

'75 (Nov) 924 Group 4 Rallye. 9th o/all, 1st in class ‘79 Repco Round Australia Rally Barth/Kussmaul; 1st RHD chassis, 1st front engined Porsche to win an FIA event

‘78 928 Manual - early RHD Opalmetallic (gold) + Pasha

'98 986

‘99 996 GT3 CS M003 ex Peter Fitzgerald. Falken livery. 2nd 2000, 3rd in 2001 Aus Nations Cup Championsip. Last of the road registered racers

Fabulous photos! I've just stolen them...
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

Stewart
    mine change over time... maybe because while it is a "favorite" I overdose on it and it becomes less special for a while

however in keeping with the Australian flavor of the Hamilton shot this is one that I like a lot - it also seems a bit incongruous: Zasada blasting through the Australian bush in 1968 in the London Sydney marathon
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Garage in Teloche

Wish I was there...

Name:  Teloche Garage.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  104.6 KB

This thread should be locked so as not to taint the awesomeness above.

Thanks, guys, for the postings.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Thumbs up

Oh my......... I've been collecting 1000's of longhood pics off the net for years.........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Bill - what a terrific photo!! Love the 2CV the background. Not sure it that is a Sahara... which had an additional engine in the back ... perfect counterpoint.
    '70 E Coupe Pastel Blue
    '73 S Targa Gold Metallic
    Registry #2890

"Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what get's you."

1973 Austin Mini
    1975 911S 3.2 "the blue goose"
    1973 911E sunroof 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by davewadd View Post
    "......the RS Carrera was the favoured steer of the early 70s Finnish rallye drivers for its rare ability to get it's power down on dirt roads and limit rolling resistance and hence front tyre wear by completing straight stages on its rear axles only...."
    '65 901 SA '119' - 1st RHD Customer Delivered 911 Worldwide; 5710 Stone Grey/Green Leatherette 3 owners from new.

'75 (Nov) 924 Group 4 Rallye. 9th o/all, 1st in class ‘79 Repco Round Australia Rally Barth/Kussmaul; 1st RHD chassis, 1st front engined Porsche to win an FIA event

‘78 928 Manual - early RHD Opalmetallic (gold) + Pasha

'98 986

‘99 996 GT3 CS M003 ex Peter Fitzgerald. Falken livery. 2nd 2000, 3rd in 2001 Aus Nations Cup Championsip. Last of the road registered racers

Quote Originally Posted by Sun888 View Post
    Bill - what a terrific photo!! Love the 2CV the background. Not sure it that is a Sahara... which had an additional engine in the back ... perfect counterpoint.
    I don't think it's a Sahara. They have air louvers above the rear wheel plus spare wheel on the bonnet.

Name:  2cv_4x4_e02_01g.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  90.3 KB

I love Tιlochι period pictures !
    '71 911S Targa
    '37 Singer 9 sports
    '78 Suzuki GS750
    http://www.club911.net/portal.php member n°517