Thread: We've Never Had It So Good?....

We've Never Had It So Good?....

I attended the London Classic Car Show at the weekend and had a good chat with Nigel and Simon from GaugePilot....an absolutely awesome, well designed little product that incorporates all the features of a Halda SpeedPilot and TwinMaster, plus much more, using modern technology inside a period looking case.....it all stemmed from a conversation between two 'enthusiasts' with one guy mentioning how he'd love to put a modern computer inside a Halda SpeedPilot for his Porsche 356: it seemed that between them they had the idea and know how.....and a short time later.... http://gaugepilot.uk

It got me thinking...in our small community we have some incredible 'enthusiasts'....Eric Linden, Marek Lappock, Ben Coles, Michael Eberhardt plus many, many more....all offering great services and previously hard to source parts that make our lives so much easier keeping our cars running well and looking great....these days even Porsche Classic are doing their bit....it seems a passion for our early cars drives individuals to do some incredible things...

...us new kids on the block dream of years past when NOS parts were plentiful and cheap (probably never the case!), whereas I'm sure the seasoned folk who have been around these cars for many years must look at the scene today and say 'we've never had it so good?'....

Darién could note attend, any pics of the show
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771

Quote Originally Posted by platas View Post
    I'm afraid not, I took a couple but nothing worth posting. The show was ok but no Essen!

I went as well and had a good chat with Julien from Blockley Tyres who do tyres for the 911 and 356 and which looked excellent quality and period correct in appearance. Another genuine enthusiast who certainly knows his stuff given his racing history and car collection.

http://www.blockleytyre.com/page4.htm

Agree the show was ok, but mainly high end dealers stands. Nice to spend a few hours there.
    1966 911

Quote Originally Posted by platas View Post
    ....a few photos being posted here.... http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/vie...=51439&start=0