Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert Kubica 2015

Robert Kubica 2015

Testing for Monte Carlo. This is crazy. I'm trying to imagine driving my 911 at full-tilt on this undulating section of road ... it's not ending well
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PMlxZKH230M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It will be interesting to see if Kubica can become a contender this year. Hard to say what the problem has been. Pace notes are so important - have he and his co-driver got their heads 'synchronized' yet? He's in a privateer M-Sport car - is he getting the same power, upgrades, reliability, etc. as the factory team? Is his driving simply not suited to rally - some say he's too fast, too early in the turns resulting in way too many crashes.

Monte Carlo livery unveiled
    Kubica Monte Carlo Livery.jpg

Kubica 2015.jpg

Not sure what / who has a bigger set Kubica or the 3 folks standing on the outside of that turn in the second sequence....It appears as if he times it such that the car is tossed in the air onto the next section of tarmac that has just enough camber to then toss him back the other way....You also get a real sensation just who good the brakes are in these things on the last sequence...That is amazing.

I really like Kubica, but man he does crash a lot. I think it's probably a combination of all the things you mentioned, but the pace notes and trust in the co-driver seem to be most critical. I was just watching the replay of Mexico '14 this morning on MAV .....he rolled it in the super special stage and then again when he was just going too fast on a tightening left and rolled down the mountain when he dropped a wheel off the edge.

I saw an interview with him recently and he was saying WRC is much harder to drive than F1 because of the constant and immediate need to react instantly to catch the car - all the time.

I hope he gets it figured out and has top notch equipment, I'd love to see him contending for the podium.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Did somebody mention the dumbasses standing on the outside of the turn?
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZruGl0UtHXE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The guy is fast, no doubt. He won SS4 and SS5 this morning at Monte Carlo. But a spin and resulting electrical problems on SS2 have basically taken him out of the overall standings. Again.

4 stage wins for the weekend. Seems it's either go fast or crash for him. This one could have been SO much worse ...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UKycs3orteI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have own of the 2 of the last Renault Clio Sport's. The first one was 5 years ago and was the first delivered to Australia, I was lucky to be passenger to Kubica for a few hot laps at the local launch in the week before the Australian GP. We chatted about my early 911 whilst up on 2 wheels with massive lift off oversteer over the large kerbs. HE talked about buying his own Clio Maxi to rally with. A few months later his F1 career was over. I always follow his progress in rallying now. The man is feerless!
    Matt Hart
    matthartcreative@instagram
    RHD 914
    1980 911SC (sold)
    69' T (sold)
    Early 911s reg # 994

Matt - that had to be a thrill!!

Monte Carlo 2015. Just nuts. How can their brains process info this fast?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS4-XrRdArs
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garfield View Post
    Monte Carlo 2015. Just nuts. How can their brains process info this fast?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS4-XrRdArs
    OOoooo, puckered up around 9:50!
    Registry #1917
    1971 Condagrun 911T targa
    1974 Indisrot Carrera coupe (US)
    1972 BMW Polaris 3.0 CS