Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piston squirter part number ?

Piston squirter part number ?

I am looking to buy some piston squirters to install in a MY 70 magnesium crankcase to aid cooling. Does anybody on the board have the part number for the correct squirters to install in this case ?

Thank you in advance.

Dave

Piston squirter part # 911-101-011-01

Thanks for the reply. Doing a search finds: 911-101-011-01 Oil Splash Tube Fits 911 78-89 928 87-91 I assume this is the only and best option available to fit in the earlier case. ?

Hi Dave

Recently had these installed in my 67S rebuilt engine, so can ask my engine guy what he used

cheers
    Mark

Alternatively, Dave, you may want to consider installing Turbo oil squirters (930.101.015.00) ...
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Thanks Andy, seems you were the only guy to get my hint. I had read about the turbo one's but was not sure if they are overkill or suitable. ?

Mark, that would be great, thanks. Maybe one of the engine builders on the registry will chime in.

As long as your oil pump is at least Turbo-spec, I think the Turbo oil squirters are worth installing - less likely to get 'clogged up' than the std squirters too.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    I am looking to buy some piston squirters to install in a MY 70 magnesium crankcase to aid cooling. Does anybody on the board have the part number for the correct squirters to install in this case ?

Thank you in advance.Dave
    I have never suppilied the squirters. All of the Porsche machinists that I have worked with knew exactly what yo do. Has your machinist installed them before? If not, I wouldn't be the first one.....JMHO
    H

I won't Harvey. My machinist has me doing the running around, sourcing parts etc.

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Don't use turbo squirters, too much oil. We use to remove them and install small squirters. Let a qualified machine shop install them. Gordon