Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Early 911 Factory Workshop Manuals Vols I - VI

FS: Early 911 Factory Workshop Manuals Vols I - VI

Full set in good used condition. $700. Free shipping in continental US.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bump. Price lowered to $625 plus ship.
    thx
    phil@philsclssicparts.com

You have a PM.
    '66 911 - Light Ivory | Early '66 with Solex Carbs
    '72 911T - Aubergine originally | now Bahia Red | "S" options | 2.2S P&C's

philvb,

I had send you a PM on Monday (Feb.2) and followed up with a reminder post yesterday morning regarding these manuals and never received a response. In now appears these have been sold to a third party. I'm sorry but I don't believe that's in the spirit of the way this forum is supposed to work. Even if the answer to my question was "NO", which I suspected it might be, I at least deserved a response and in the proper order. "NO" is an OK answer, not responding is NOT COOL! I was looking to engage you in a conversation about them and believe I was first in line.

I hope others take note of this when dealing with you!
    Last edited by TWJ; 02-05-2015 at 09:31 AM.

This has been discussed before and my understanding is that the consensus on this forum is that the first person to say "I will take it" or I wish to buy it" gets the attention of the seller. I agree it would be nice if all PMs were answered and many sellers do respond as you feel is proper but the truth is money talks........
    That's my 2cents for what its worth (about 2 cents I think )

I did "wish to buy it". I had a question for the seller regarding a sale to me, which was not answered. If CamelSkip's answer is the consensus of the forum then the whole concept of first responder is meaningless. (Potential) customers should be dealt with in the order that they respond. Could be wrong...but I thought that was the consensus of this forum. Otherwise as a seller I can just ignore whatever I choose...maybe old fashion values on my part but doesn't sound like good business to me.

I understand that "money talks" but I don't think this is the "wild west" either... Maybe it is!

Apply skin thickening ointment liberally on a daily basis for best results.
    1996 993 black/tan

I love the forum...don't get me wrong...just thought I had a right to B***H in this case.

Well..."Better to understand than to be understood" ...right?

I'm not defending anyone but this was posted originally on 02/01 and bumped on 02/2 with his email listed. Its highly likely he was emailed and was working a deal well before TWJ posted and sent his PM on 02/04.
    If someone emailed him and agreed to buy this (not in open forum) then all is above board. I too have felt slighted under similar circumstances so I can relate to TWJ, there are just more buyers and demand for these parts lately than supply, so its the nature of the market right now.
    (That's $0.05 cents worth)