Thread: "Auto Lift" Car Park 7 Four Post Car Storage Parking Lift

"Auto Lift" Car Park 7 Four Post Car Storage Parking Lift

Has anyone purchased this particular lift by "Auto Lift"?

http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...car-park-7.htm

I have searched and have not found any comments on it. It is clearly less quality than the BendPak lift. But two reasons (1) at 1/2 the price I can get two and my wife will be happy to get the two cars off the driveway, and (2) its dimensions actually work better in my garage than the other lifts.

But, I don't want to get junk.

I've seen quite a few lifts that people have posted about on this site. But, to be honest, the AutoLift seems to be the only one that will actually fit well.

Thanks,
    Jay

P.S. Don't worry, the 911 is already in the garage and always in the garage! It's the S2000 and the Boxster S I'd like to get inside too.

A couple of years ago I researched 4-post lifts obsessively and had the dimensions of most every offering memorized. One thing I discovered is that every vendor measures their lifts differently, so what looks to be a few inches difference in some dimensions of some lifts is often just a difference in how the lift was measured.

For what it's worth (not much, I know), I eventually went with BendPak. Yes, it's one of the more expensive options and my budget was/is limited, but I've never regretted my choice. They have so many length, width and height options I guess you can find one that suits your needs, especially if you are only trying to store an S2000 and Boxster. Both would easily fit on BendPak's most compact 4-post lift the HD-7P, which is what I bought. I easily fit my old Merc wagon on it, which is longer, wider, taller and heavier than the two cars you mentioned.

-Scott

912->911 conversion
    I can't recall if I'm making this up - but is there a specific dimension needed between ramps on a 4 post lift to drop a 911 motor with the exhaust on it? I.e. that not all lifts have enough space to do it.
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by smclaughlin View Post
    A couple of years ago I researched 4-post lifts obsessively and had the dimensions of most every offering memorized. One thing I discovered is that every vendor measures their lifts differently, so what looks to be a few inches difference in some dimensions of some lifts is often just a difference in how the lift was measured.

For what it's worth (not much, I know), I eventually went with BendPak. Yes, it's one of the more expensive options and my budget was/is limited, but I've never regretted my choice. They have so many length, width and height options I guess you can find one that suits your needs, especially if you are only trying to store an S2000 and Boxster. Both would easily fit on BendPak's most compact 4-post lift the HD-7P, which is what I bought. I easily fit my old Merc wagon on it, which is longer, wider, taller and heavier than the two cars you mentioned.

-Scott
    Wow. Very valuable information. The company I provided a link to above is about 2 hours from me, and they apparently have many of the lifts set up there. My plan is to get a Uhaul and drive out there and check them out in person. Then I can measure specifically.

The other measurement that I don't know of is the height for the bottom car, based upon the "clicks" of the locks. I have only so much room going up. In fact, I think on one side, I will have to put a convertible on top with the top down, and have the windshield go between two of the roof beams. But even with that, I can only get the lifts up so high. If the top car went up to any position, then I don't have a problem. But, it could be that one click is too high and the one just below it is too low. I also need to confirm that one.

Scott, interesting about pulling out a 911 engine. I've taken out many engines, but never my 911 engine. So I had not thought of that. I don't think though that it would sway me to go from one rack to another. I will check it out though.

Jay