Thread: SWB numbers : How many RHD produced

SWB numbers : How many RHD produced

Hi every one,

I'm asking the experts : how many RHD have been produced.
    My particular interest is for the year 1967; I read on the forum that 1600 coupé (standard) and 1823 S coupé were built, Iwould like to know how many of those were RHD.

Thank you all, for your heip.

Best regards

JDJ

Hi JDJ,

An age-eternal Porsche question, but I'd suggest in the absence of factory data the numbers would be no greater than 1-2% of the total production in RHD.....
    '65 901 SA '119' - 1st RHD Customer Delivered 911 Worldwide; 5710 Stone Grey/Green Leatherette 3 owners from new.

'75 (Nov) 924 Group 4 Rallye. 9th o/all, 1st in class ‘79 Repco Round Australia Rally Barth/Kussmaul; 1st RHD chassis, 1st front engined Porsche to win an FIA event

‘78 928 Manual - early RHD Opalmetallic (gold) + Pasha

'98 986

‘99 996 GT3 CS M003 ex Peter Fitzgerald. Falken livery. 2nd 2000, 3rd in 2001 Aus Nations Cup Championsip. Last of the road registered racers

I have been told with regard to Swb 911S cars that 35 rhd (1967), 33 rhd (1968).
    S Registry#2021

Thank you 1st , you are the "grandfather" of all RHD cars; your percentage estimate seems to be correct when considering the numbers given by mrar for the "S" models

nevertheless, every data is welcome

regards to both of you for answering.

You have probably already seen this thread. I´m following is with great interest: http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/vie...hp?f=2&t=50749
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Restoration newbie.
    35 rhd was the number of 67 911S delivered to the UK if I remember correctly. I have a document somewhere which shows the breakdown by month which was posted on DDK some time back.

andy
    67S in pieces
    EarlyS: 1358
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Schiefer & Andy (ajwans).
    I read the thread on ddk-online ( very interesting) but could not find in it the data specific to 1967 models that I was looking for.

JD

There were indeed 35 Rhd 67S cars built and recorded through the normal channels. As Andy says there is a breakdown of those numbers in terms of colour etc. available on Ddk somewhere.

However, I can now confirm that (at this moment in time) the factory built 36 Rhd 67S's with a special 'unknown' Rhd car coming to light in the last few months. The (new) owner has been in touch and he will no doubt 'break cover' when the car is secure in his hands. Special order example too.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681