Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price check for various Porsche parts

Price check for various Porsche parts

I bought a lot of Porsche parts and some are surplus.
    I am trying to get a feel for prices prior to listing and would appreciate feedback on value and further info on these please.

Pair of new in box Cibie H1 headlights

Pair of not so perfect Cibie spotlight covers (one has crack)

Long and short Wheel base steering column covers

Crow racing seatbelts

Momo boss

Hella Trunk lights

Becker Europa radio for parts or repair

911 horn button

Heater box (which car is this from - no part numbers visible?)

Gas vapor box? (which car is this from - no part numbers visible)

SWB? front turn signal lens and LWB? front housings

1968 VDO Kienzle clock, intermittently running order

Manky SWB horn grille

Relays

Driveshaft with 1 CV joint (from 73 911?)
    Last edited by SpawnyWhippet; 02-08-2015 at 03:53 PM.
    Member # 2899
    1972 911T
    2004 996 C4S
    2001 996 Carrera
    2008 Cayenne S (sold)
    2004 Cayenne Turbo (sold)
    2009 997 cabriolet (sold)
    2002 996 Turbo (sold)
    1998 Boxster S (sold)
    1997 993 cab (sold)
    1989 911 3.2 Carrera (sold)

Contd.

911 rollcage brackets

911 gear shift coupling (needs rebushing, which I can do prior to sale)

Mystery inline filter (which car is this from - no part numbers visible)

Another mystery part (which car is this from?)

Mystery oil or brake lines (which car is this from?)

Early engine cradle with flywheel lock

911 Tacho gauge lens (any way to tell which year car is this from?)

Pair of torsion bars (any way to tell which year car is this from?)
    Last edited by SpawnyWhippet; 02-08-2015 at 03:10 PM. Reason: added more parts
    Member # 2899
    1972 911T
    2004 996 C4S
    2001 996 Carrera
    2008 Cayenne S (sold)
    2004 Cayenne Turbo (sold)
    2009 997 cabriolet (sold)
    2002 996 Turbo (sold)
    1998 Boxster S (sold)
    1997 993 cab (sold)
    1989 911 3.2 Carrera (sold)

The gas vapor can (PN: 901 201 062 22 "container for bleeding") is for multiple years from early 911's up into the '80's (Not sure exactly when it's use started or ended but my '71T has one). It's actually still available from Porsche although it's pretty pricey at around $160 for something so simple. I found a good used one like yours for $60 USD a few months ago on Ebay with a "Buy it Now" option which seemed fair. The biggest thing is they can crack with age around the outlet/inlet pipes allowing gas vapors to seep into the cabin, not good.

Stretch
    Registry # 3063

The mystery parts are 356: The two lines connect to the oil filter canister and are readily available new, so worth little. The "inline filter" is the fuel petcock. And the other part is an earlier model fuel pump (at least for B's, maybe for A's) as well. The petcock and fuel pump are rebuildable and worth selling on, though I haven't been following prices lately. If someone here doesn't offer price info, check the 356 Registry site or TheSamba.
    --Richard
    Early 911S Registry #2337

Torsion bars could be 914. I think they were black. Maybe $20. If the gauge lens is plastic it is later. Fuel pump could be VW or other, not Porsche. Looks pretty rough. I thing those headlights are H4 replacements for sealed beams. They are worth half of whatever they sell for new.

SV

Banned
    What happened to the good ole days when guys would do a little research and if no data turned up we just guessed?

Have we become so paranoid about leaving a dollar on the table that it's come to this?

Most of these items would be in the $25 box at any given swapmeet. THIS my friends is the fruit of a messed up market.

Quote Originally Posted by savaden View Post
    Fuel pump could be VW or other, not Porsche. Looks pretty rough.
    SV
    The majority of my 356 experience is with the C's, so I'll defer to SV on the fuel pump.
    --Richard
    Early 911S Registry #2337

Shift Knob Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    What happened to the good ole days when guys would do a little research and if no data turned up we just guessed?

Have we become so paranoid about leaving a dollar on the table that it's come to this?

Most of these items would be in the $25 box at any given swapmeet. THIS my friends is the fruit of a messed up market.
    +1 Between searching here, pelican & ebay, most everything can be researched. If you price it right it will sell, if not you will have to lower it. I for one do not think the discussion pages should be filled up with for sale adds that people are afraid to put a price on.

Banned
    What 76911S said.

We all agree that this is an open community but between resurrected posts that no one cares about and posts like this it gets cumbersome navigating the posts that really matter.
    At least in "General Info".

Now if we're talking the Dead Sea of Off Topic? Any trivial, meaningless drivel is fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Most of these items would be in the $25 box at any given swapmeet. .
    At the the start of the swap at the end it would be the lone box left in the empty parking lot. The reason most dumpsters have locks.
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe