Thread: Whart does "verz." and "phr" mean in the parts manual?

Whart does "verz." and "phr" mean in the parts manual?

Okay, neighbors ... a test for you...

i'm in the process of chasing information around to get the proper finish on certain fasteners (bolts, nuts, washers) to re-assemble #11880001. in section 7/2, there are several notations in the parts manual after the size of the fastener, as follows:

• "verz."
    • "phr"
    • "Cu"
    • "St"
    • "Ms"
    • "St. verz."

My wife is actually helping (she took German), and we're doing research from different directions. So far, it looks like "verz." means "galvanized," if our effort is of any value. We have some ideas of the answers, but this seemed to be an opportunity to engage the group a bit.

Anyone want to prove the depth of their intellectual capital and have the entire community in awe of their massive cranial capacity?

Thanks, as always ... and have fun with this., friends.

Verz = Verzinkt = galvanized

A few weeks ago, here on the forum, a couple of peoples have shown a factory document which purpose is supposed to help deciphering the Parts Numbering logic, with the last 2 digits seemingly describing the finish of each part.

Edit: see here from Post #1052
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ht=automobilia

I think it was in the "Automobilia" thread. You shoudl try to contact Moito on the forum, I'm sure he knows.

Olivier.
    Last edited by Olivier; 02-08-2015 at 10:31 PM.

• "verz." Verzinkt = zinc plated
    • "phr" might be phosphatiert - don't know
    • "Cu" Kupfer - Copper
    • "St" Stahl - steel
    • "Ms" Messing - Brass
    • "St. verz." Stahl Verzinkt - Steel Zinc plated

After i wrote the initial thread, our research found the numeric reference, as well (which itemizes the material and finish/corrosion protection in the last 2 digits of the part number). those references came from an early-60's Porsche document referring to 356 part numbers. i am trying to coordinate the number system with the current reality. no one seems to be able to replicate a copy of the old material for community use.

if you have such a beast, and are willing to share its information, let us know.

"uai" has helped a lot, here. thank you.

also, we found another abbreviations -- "bost." (which seems to mean cad plated.)

Quote Originally Posted by mshaver51 View Post
    also, we found another abbreviations -- "bost." (which seems to mean cad plated.)
    bost.
    Bostik-Endurion-Verfahren
    Bostik-Endurion treatment, a blackening anti-corrosive process.

Cadmium plating is usually noted as "kadm.", or "gal Cd" for galvanic cadmium.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA
    Last edited by Jon B; 02-09-2015 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Spelling :-(

There is a copy of the factory manual I pointed you to in my answer for sale on the 356registry for 95$

If you share the cost with me, let's scan it and upload it here! (By the way, I don't have access to the 356registry you have to be a reigistered user...)

I asked in this thread, but received no answer.

I am also very interested in learning more about it.

i checked for such a listing, but didn't find it. could you provide a link?

Here you go:

https://porsche356registry.org/classifieds/1458

Maybe not still for sale, I hadn't seen the dates...