Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage steering wheel valuation experts, please: Need help itentifying/pricing

Vintage steering wheel valuation experts, please: Need help itentifying/pricing

Removing my request for members to help identify and give current values on vintage steering wheels.
    Last edited by JPlonghood; 02-19-2015 at 10:32 AM.

Deleted photos
    Last edited by JPlonghood; 02-19-2015 at 10:33 AM.

There's a few of my old friends in there ... If you know what I mean
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Details about the steering wheels on the top two rows appreciated.
    Mark Curtin
    Early S Registry #369
    Rgruppe #247

Quote Originally Posted by JPlonghood View Post
    I have what some might consider a massive collection of old, original condition, steering wheels. Would like to start posting for sale individually, but have no idea as to current market values and would like to post pics of a couple at a time and ask you all to share your knowledge and opinions. Thanks, John
    My goodness! .....I expect you've one or two PM's!!!

Can't help with value on the Monte I'm afraid although obviously super desirable!

Best of luck although don't think you need any!

Hi John

Lovely looking collection, must have taken a long time to collect such a vast eray of original wheels.

I would be interested in an early momo wheel. I am looking for a nice wheel for my 67S.. the Monte that you have posted pictures of looks great.

Regards
    Mark

I guess John was flodded with pms like mine...

Should not be a problem for him to reduce his stock!
    Keep up the speed!

Anatol

'68 911S coupe
    '92 964 RS NGT
    '09 987S Boxster

Thank you for all the input and interest via PM(s). I really am out of the loop on current pricing and not very knowledgable when it comes to specifics and details, my intent was for members to post their knowledge and info within the thread. I've got a stupid work/commute schedule and was was looking to post some pics of a wheel - one wheel at a time - gleam some knowledge and suggested asking price range, list for sale in the parts section, and then move systematically on to the next wheel. I would try, but it's really not feasible (not to mention within the spirit of this forum) to take pics of "the second wheel from the right, on the bottom". "I'll pay you $1,500.00".... Only to get another PM from a different person ON THE SAME WHEEL offering $2,500.00!? Bad form.

Again, my goal is to work towards offering cool parts to Early S members at a fair exchange rate. Share some knowledge. Maybe this thread takes a turn and both things occur. Thanks again, John

That's very refreshing John and good sport......I think it'll be impossible to stop the offers though.

I'd love to see the process develop, learn something about each wheel along the way and gauge values, if indeed that's possible.

Good luck

I would suggest putting each wheel on eBay individually and then posting pictures of each and linking from here. That way you'll be able to determine the true market value in a way that's fair to everyone interested and can help establish current pricing for anyone else looking to buy or sell in the near future. Perhaps if they do well then additional sellers will come out of the woodwork, benefitting everyone.

THAT's how to be truly fair.