Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Low Flybys

Top 10 Low Flybys

Nothing to get the adrenalin pumping than a spectacular low pass. Well, from the pilots perspective anyway... Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.

http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=19448
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Banned
    Wow.

#3: Good way to ruin a pair of underpants.

Gytis
    1967 911 matching numbers car ( sold )
    1968 911T/R #0805 (SONDERWUNCH AUSSERH DER M.LISTE NR184****) SOLD
    1969 911E MFI matching ALL numbers SOLD
    1981 911 Target 4K ( SHIFT trip-Nürburgring-SPA and SOLD )
    1986 930 "Carnivore" ( "while I'm there" mode )

I was sure #3 and #2 will be on this list.
    French air force having fun in Chad...

I have witnessed two nice ones, a F16 over a lake in Germany and an Crusader (French Navy) over the landscape in Brittany.

Gytis that has been a favorite of mine for years. Cool you were there. When was that, early 2000's? I have some time in an SU-29. Whoa what the aircraft can do with aerobatics. One of my favs to fly.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Gburner
    The Blue Angels winter home is a small base in the southern California lower desert called El Centro (NJK).
    They would practice in a warning area for a couple months.
    Always returning with moral boosting low fly bys for the blue angel ramp and jet mechs.
    For their last month they would practice 2 shows a day over the Navy El Centro airport.
    Watching the solos take off and barrel roll one clean one dirty before the end of the runway looked like a great eye opener for any pilot.
    The fly bys at sea while on the USS Ranger were impressive too.

The LSO (landing signal officer) F14 departures were fun too.
    From take off to straight vertical reaching 15000 feet while still over the runway.

Scott:
    You will appreciate this story. Probably 20 years ago, guys in A-6's from Oceana NAS would fly up into the mountains of Western VA and Eastern WVA and fly down through the power lines using the towers as pylons....they would fly between the static wire (The high wire) and the power wires in and out of the towers....on one trip, a pilot clippped the static wire with the vertical stabilizer tearing the top 1/3 of it off the plane and sending the static wire into two very large piles of wire at the two towers. The pilot was able to limp the A-6 back to Oceana. My cousin who works for VA Power was sent out to replace the static line. They had the gondola strung between the the towers replacing the static wire when they heard this loud sound...they turned around and here comes three more A-6's flying between the towers....My cousin was not in the gondola, he was on one of the towers when the planes came down through...he said everyone had to change underwear at lunch. My father worked on several radars and other avionics during his career at GE including avionics on the A-6....Dad said there were no avionics on the A-6 that could detect that static wire....those guys were flying between the towers and below the static line and above the power lines....on visual only....

Thumbs up

In the early '90's while watching the big 4th of July VARA bash out at Willow Springs, just after the last race, a T-33 out of Edwards (only 10 miles away) did a couple of VERY low passes and rolls to the delight of all..........

The old T-33 at Willow was painted half experiential dayglow orange... but looked allot like this...........

...... very cool
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa