Thread: Elephant skin door panels

Elephant skin door panels

Hi,

I have a pair of elephant skin door panels in very good condition, but someone has cut speaker holes in them.

The cards are in good shape with no deforming , both sides have the edge trim without any damage. The last picture shows the material from the backside.

I am asking $250.00 for the pair plus shipping

Thanks, RickElephant skin door panels 001.JPGElephant skin door panels 002.JPGElephant skin door panels 004.JPGElephant skin door panels 005.JPGElephant skin door panels 007.JPG

I will buy them if they are elephant skin. Please call me at 707-322-5761
    regards Andy
    member 3143
    Had a few GREAT cars. Do I miss any of them? NO!!!
    However, I am Glad to have the one I have now:
    My wife Blanca NFS
    1967 Ford Fairlane 427 4 speed R code 1 of 72 cars
    1959 356 SunRoof Silver/Green

i didn't realize that elephant skin was offered any year except '68.(?) those appear to be LWB door panels.

Late to the party is not so bad when it is not what you thought it was!

I just realized that these are not 68 panels. I am looking for elephant panels, dash bits etc.. But please no ivory. thank you Andy
    member 3143
    Had a few GREAT cars. Do I miss any of them? NO!!!
    However, I am Glad to have the one I have now:
    My wife Blanca NFS
    1967 Ford Fairlane 427 4 speed R code 1 of 72 cars
    1959 356 SunRoof Silver/Green

Hi Everyone,

My apologies, these are not Porsche elephant skin. I am used to dealing with BMW 3.0CS trunk panels that are also called elephant skin that has the sane look.

Sorry to get everyone so excited so quickly, it's just like taking a hot chick out on the first date!!!

I think that I may just keep these for a couple of projects that I am working on. If someone wants to make an offer, maybe I will sell them, as a door panel, they are in great shape even with the stupid speaker holes.

Thanks again Rick

It's 2015. Why can't someone make a legit Elephant skin texture copy?? I mean exact! Has anyone worked with latex transfers? (Hollywood/FX make up stuff).
    Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914

Good point Steve.
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

not to chase a separate subject, but i've never taken a 'hot chick' out on a date, so i wouldn't know....

...it probably would be best if you guys didn't mention this to my wife....

I dont know if anyone has checked land rover elephant hide" fabric" against the 68 porsche stuff, I recall it being similar.