Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Pilgrimage Vid

Porsche Pilgrimage Vid

Has this been posted? New to me anyway and highly entertaining. A real adventure (not some made-for-YouTube self-promotional piece) that many of us cross-country travelers can relate to:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jQ01j-ASWAM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Epic first drive! Doing laps at the Nurburgring the eighth day you've ever driven a 911 (actually the fourth probably deducting the breakdowns ) - lol. Good for him. And I thought driving mine home 400 miles after I bought it was an adventure..... Great story, and great spirit.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Very cool...... Thanks Curt
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Packin' a Rolex (Sub?) looks like, so . . . he must have the 'means'

Hmm. First Drive = Test Drive = Shakedown = . . . pour yourself a strong one

Foreign country + no language skills?

All-or-nothing throttle style feels a bit 'over-harsh' for a car he's not had long. Spends a lotta time coasting, too --- in neutral? I'd let the car run-out. From all the popping + banging --- sounds like a fuel/carb issue?

Re-building a triple-choke carb --- that he's never seen before . . . . . . on a roadside. My Hero!

Fuel bowl looks like the inside of the last water heater I replaced. Where'd all that 'slag' come from, any way? Garbage in his fuel tank? And what about a fuel filter? Criminy!

'No bits left'

Like to see him try his hammock routine out here --- in SoCal

'. . . been blasting this car around the Nurburgring all day long . . . every gauge is showing what it should . . . 45 years old . . .'

. . . on five cylinders . . .

(. . . spark plug)

Bravo!

We Can Be Heroes

Going to take a trip from Stuttgart along the Rhine to Techno Classica and to the Nurburgring soon. Hopefully, 35 year old Ljetronic will take the "adventure" out of the trip!

Great vid Curt. Looks like the troubles we had on our last venture. Epic drive and rebuilding carbs you have never seen before on top of a Swiss mountain? Classic. I think I too have laughed that crazy laugh he did leaving the Italian shop, along with the whoop...
    Last edited by t6dpilot; 02-27-2015 at 05:41 AM.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Someone with an account on DDK should invite this guy over to our little corner: http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/vie...=47906&start=0
    I can´t log in there because they don't not accept gmail.
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Hey Curt, we should invite him on our next road trip, since he can fix anything without ever having seen one before! However we will have to insist that he at least shower somewhat daily!!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

What an awesome video.

Couple of thoughts:
    1. I would have driven back and forth in that tunnel about 20 times...every pass at around 6k rams
    2. I was waiting for Ed to post his diagnosis of what was wrong with the car....
    3. God, I wish the salt was off the roads here....I need a fix of my flat six
    4. And some folks wonder why the value of these old cars is rising.....no 991 can provide you with this type of adventure

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    thanks curt. nice vid.

winter can kindly f!@# off now.
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 02-25-2015 at 10:44 AM.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1